Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 31, 2010

A Kick in the Pants Week....

So this week has been a pretty rough week for me. As I have dub this week a “Kick in the Pants Week”. You all probably don’t care but I will tell you about “Kick in the Pants Week” anyways and you can share your “Kick in the Pants Week” moment with me. It is good to vent as I like to say. So it all started Sunday afternoon when someone said something very hurtful, I was quite upset over it on Sunday and felt very down. Then on Wednesday I got my marks back for an auditing case I had finished at the beginning of the month. I have to get at least 67% on the case in order was it to qualify for my Certified General Accounts unfortunately I didn’t make the cut and have to redo it. What upsets me the most about this is that I spent probably 24+ hours a week for 4 weeks working on this case and now I have to redo it all. I’m trying to look at it as a “learning experience”...it’s the only way I don’t feel so upset over it. My binder has been banished to my car it is not allowed in the house until I’m ready to look at it. It’s kind of funny that I am banishing a binder from my house but it is true it hasn’t entered it and is dying of heat in the car. MWAHAHA take that auditing case!

I did have something good happen to me this week I receive my ARC copy of The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (yay!!!). I had won a copy from Chapters (a Canadian bookstore) last Thursday and it came in the mail and I was soo excited that I dropped the book I was currently reading to read it. I will tell you it is fantastic! I’m on page 317 out of 479 so close to be finishing it. I’m sad that it will be ending son but I just can’t put it down. It is even hard for me to write this now as I’m not reading it.

I also received an ARC of Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler. I won this from Eleni at La Femme Readers. Thank you very much Eleni.

I will be posting both reviews once I have finished them.

Eleni is also having an awesome contest to win 2011 YA Releases (Delirium, Angelfire, Wake Unto Me, The Iron Witch, The Gathering, & City of Fallen Angels) - (International). Click here to enter.

I guess the week wasn’t soo bad, the last half anyways.

Also, I now have 12 followers on my blog (yay!), 17 followers on the Vamps, Weres and Cassay OH My! Facebook page, and 35 followers on my twitter! That’s a grand total of 64!! OMG! But I would like all those facebook and twitter followers to follow the blog. So within the next week or two I’m going to hold a contest of awesome proportions and the goal as to be reached by the time I leave for holidays Sept 3! I think we can do it.

So here is what I am thinking for the contest:

If I can get 50 blog followers there will be the following:

1st winner will receive their choice of book up to $20.00 on Book Depository (See I’m even cool enough to make it international cause being a Canadian I know how much it sucks when contests are only open to US)

If I can get 100 blog followers:

1st winner will receive their choice of 2 books (instead of 1) up to $40.00 on Book Depository
And I will add a 2nd winner who will receive their choice of 1 book up to $20.00 on book depository

If I can get 150+ blog followers:

I will add a 3rd winner who will receive a paperback copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

How awesome does that sound? Pretty awesome to me...I’m jealous of the winners! So remember the more blog followers the better the prizes!

I will post the Official Contest Details last this week! Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend; enjoy the heat and Happy Reading!!


Cassay

No comments:

Post a Comment