Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 26, 2010

Movie Mondays

So if you have read my “about me” section you will know that I have an avid fan of the big screen. So I decided that every Monday I would do a recap of any movies that I have seen what give a short little review of them. As well as let you know what is releasing to DVD this week. Cause as you know I will be at Wal-Mart on Tuesdays buying up movies.

This week on DVD:

Repo Men

Clash of the Titans

I will only be picking up Clash of the Titans this week as Repo Men didn’t interest me to go watch in the theatres. I loved Clash of the Titans it was action packed and even though the 3D glasses hurt my eyes I really enjoyed it. I named it the “Percy Jackson for adults.” Yes, I know Clash of the Titans was around before Percy Jackson but I watch the Percy Jackson movie first so in my mind Clash of the Titans was like Percy Jackson so :P

This week in theatres:

Dinner for Schumucks

Starring: Steve Carell and Paul Rudd
Run Time: 1 hour and 50 min
Synopsis:
Tim (Rudd) is a rising executive who "succeeds" in finding the perfect guest, IRS employee Barry (Carell), for his boss's monthly event, a so-called "dinner for idiots," which offers certain advantages to the exec who shows up with the biggest buffoon.

Charlie St. Cloud

Starring: Zac Efron and Kim Basinger
Run Time: 1 hour and 49 min
Synopsis:
Charlie St. Cloud is a young man overcome by grief at the death of his younger brother. So much so that he takes a job as caretaker of the cemetery in which his brother is buried. Charlie has a special lasting bond with his brother though, as he can see him. Charlie meets up with his brother (Sam) each night to play catch and talk. Then, a girl comes into Charlie's life and he must choose between keeping a promise he made to Sam, or going after the girl he loves.


Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore

Starring: Chris O’Donnell and Jack McBrayer
Run Time: 1 hour and 22 min
Synopsis:

In the age-old battle between cats and dogs, one crazed feline has taken things a paw too far. Kitty Galore, formerly an agent for cat spy organization MEOWS, has gone rogue and hatched a diabolical plan to not only bring her canine enemies to heel, but take down her former kitty comrades and make the world her scratching post. Faced with this unprecedented threat, cats and dogs will be forced to join forces for the first time in history in an unlikely alliance to save themselves -- and their humans.

Movies I saw in theatres:

Inception

5 out of 5

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Director: Christopher Nolan (Batman: The Dark Knight)
Run time: 2 hours and 28 min
Synopsis:
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job till date, Inception.

I loved this movie! It did not seem like it was a 2 and a half hour movie. It keeps your attention think WTH? Action is great. The computer graphics and filming is fantastic. This is a must see summer movie.

SALT

3 out of 5

Starring: Angelina Jolie and Liev Schreiber
Director: Phillip Noyce
Run time: 1 hour and 39 min
Synopsis:
As a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt swore an oath to duty, honour and country. Her loyalty will be tested when a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy. Salt goes on the run, using all her skills and years of experience as a covert operative to elude capture. Salt's efforts to prove her innocence only serve to cast doubt on her motives, as the hunt to uncover the truth behind her identity continues and the question remains: "Who is Salt?"

Being an Angelina hater doesn’t help this movies case all that much, but the boyfriend wanted to go see it so we did. The action is okay – guys will love it and all the shooting. But overall the storyline had holes in it – my theory was waaaay better than the actual amount. Felt like it was a “there is no point to this movie, we just want Angelina to looks hot shooting things.” If you’re an Angelina fan you will probably like this movie. If you’re more of a storyline person you may not like this movie.


All movie synopses are from my favourite movie website http://www.imdb.com/

Thanks for stopping by for Movie Mondays!

Cassay


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm hopping by for Follow Friday! Great blog - I'm following you.

    Hop on by to Paromantasy I'll see you there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! --Just hopping by ;) New follower from the blog hop!!!!

    I'm a big movie buff, too!!!!--As for the 3D glasses, I've found they're more comfortable if you don't put them on like regular glasses, but kind of tilt them upwards on your nose--the bows just run along the side of my head instead of over my ears, but they still stay pretty well and don't annoy me!!!!

    Happy Friday!!!!!


    nymfaux
    http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there...

    Just popping by to say hello via Follow Friday.

    Greenabsinthia
    www.greenabsinthiabookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping in via the hop to say hi! I'm waiting on Clockwork Angel and Firelight as well, so it seems we have similar tastes! I'm a new follower and I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining! (and giving this new blogger a chance :) )

    I'll be following you all to.

    Help Spread the word

    Thanks

    Cassay

    ReplyDelete