Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 3, 2010

Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

I was lucky enough to win an ARC copy from Chapters of the Clockwork Angel. Welcome to my 2nd review, I am very excited to share my thoughts on this novel with you all. Enjoy!

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother in Victorian England, something terrifying is waiting for her in London’s Downworld. Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, who are members of a secret organization called the Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she has the power to transform at will into another person. The Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa’s power for his own. Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. She soon finds herself fascinated by – and torn between – two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and Will, whose volatile moods keep everyone at arm’s length. As their search draws the deep into a plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.
Excerpt from back of book.

Cassandra Clare has done it again creating a strong and fantastic read for her new trilogy. If you loved The Mortal Instruments you will love The Infernal Devices. You will notice similar characteristics between Will and Jace...being arrogant seems to run in the family. Magnus pops in for a chapter or two, we get to see a different side of him. I was hoping for a little bit more Magnus but I think we may be seeing him a lot more in Book 2. Tessa is a strong female type. I like how she grew throughout the book. I saw some similarities to Clary. In the Twitter world everyone seems to be able to pick between Team Jem (James) and Team Will. I truly cannot decide. I am torn. I feel bad for Jem because of his secret but he makes the best of it and acts like a complete gentlemen at all time unlike Will who is a jerk at the best of times but when he decides to be sweet and gentlemanly it’s perfect. I really can’t decide. So I am going to take Cassandra’s advice and go with TEAM CHURCH for now LOL.

Each chapter ended with me wanting more. I was always sad thatmy lunch break was over so I couldn’t keep reading. If you are a fan of The Mortal Instruments make sure you pick up the Clockwork Angel on August 31, 2010.

The Results:
Rating:
5 out of 5
Would I let my 15 year old sister read: Heck Yes!
No course language or inappropriate sexual references.



Cassay

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for this one! I loved The Mortal Instruments, so I'm excited to see what this series is all about. I'll be at the bookstore on the 31st for this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete