Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


September 22, 2010

Review: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

clip_image003

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoë's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoë lost in her broken life. Zoë escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoë's autistic sister. After Zoë is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.

Excerpt from Jennifer Lauren’s Website.

I received this book for review from the lovely and generous Jennifer Laurens who is an indie author. I was first introduced to Jennifer’s work by Tynga who mentioned Jennifer on her blog. I started looking into Jennifer’s work, reading reviews and I just had to get my hands on a copy of Heavenly. I was lucky enough to win one in Jennifer Blogger contests.

Jennifer puts so much emotion into the book that we feel exactly how Zoë and Luke feel with the stress of having an autistic sister. My heart went out to Abria who is their autistic sister. Abria is such a sweet little girl that loves to flap her arms, everytime Zoë mention was Abria was doing I giggled to myself. Thinking about how cute my BF’s niece and nephew and my friends little man are and the wacky things they do. Zoë and Luke both feel like they have become 2nd best in their parent’s eyes and resent Abria for it because she requires attention 24/7 so she doesn’t hurt herself.

I could relate to Zoë in the fact that we both have younger sisters that are more than 5 years younger than us. Matthias shows Zoë that there is more to life and gives her a 2nd chance to make her life better.

The ending shocked me. I closed the book and went “I totally did not see that coming”. I really enjoy books that I don’t know how to end.

This was the first book by an indie author that I have read and it was amazing. I will be ordering Jennifer’s other books and have already started looking into other indie authors.

If you are a fan of angels and want to read something that is one the lighter side of things I suggest buying this book.

You can find out more about Jennifer’s novels at http://www.jenniferlaurens.com/

The Results:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: Yep

Minimal course language or inappropriate sexual references.

I have decided to join Alex from Tales of a Teenage Book Lover to support Indie Authors. Check out Alex’s blog to find out more information.

supportindieauthors-2

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. This was very emotional and I didn't expect the ending either. Great book!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete