Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


September 30, 2010

Review: Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus

6920820

After her sister Athena’s tragic death, it’s obvious that grief-stricken Persephone "Phe" Archer no longer belongs in Los Angeles. Hoping to make sense of her sister’s sudden demise and the cryptic dreams following it, Phe abandons her bubbly LA life to attend an uptight East Coast preparatory school in Shadow Hills, MA -- a school which her sister mysteriously mentioned in her last diary entry before she died.
Once there, Phe quickly realizes that something is deeply amiss in her new town. Not only does Shadow Hills'' history boast an unexplained epidemic that decimated hundreds of its citizens in the 1700s, but its modern townies also seem eerily psychic, with the bizarre ability to bend metal. Even Zach -- the gorgeous stranger Phe meets and immediately begins to lust after -- seems as if he is hiding something serious. Phe is determined to get to the bottom of it. The longer she stays there, the more she suspects that her sister’s untimely death and her own destiny are intricately linked to those who reside in Shadow Hills.

Excerpt from chapters.indigo.com

I never thought I would say this but move over Edward and hellooooo Zach! This book was waiting so patiently for me to get to California and boy was it worth the wait. I loved it! I thought I knew where the story was going but I totally didn’t. That is probably why I like it so much was that I found it wasn’t predictable.

Phe is a strong female character that can pull her own when there is a hot guy in the picture. She doesn’t let anyone push her around no matter how dreamy he is. I like characters like that because not all girls lose their brains when you bring a boy into the mix.

Zach well he is just prefect and protective. You will have to read it to know what I mean I don’t want to give you all the details. :P

I like how Anastasia brought in history and science together to create a brilliant story.

I am crossing my fingers for a sequel because there is something that one character said at the end that is driving me a little crazy.

Please visit Anastasia on her website and twitter.

The Results:

Rating: 5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: You Betcha

No course language or inappropriate sexual references.

The Details:

Format:Hardcover
Dimensions:400 Pages, 5.95 x 8.5 x 1.62 in
Published: July 13, 2010
ISBN - 10:1606840835
ISBN - 13:9781606840832

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. Popping in from FF. New follower. I've had this one in my TBR pile for a while now. Sounds like I need to get to reading it. Great review.

    http://booknoise411.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete