Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


October 30, 2010

Review: Wings by Aprilynne Pike

 

clip_image003

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

Laurel discovers she is a faerie, sent among humans to protect the gateway to Avalon. Thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to each world. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever

 

I really joined this novel. It was a quick and easy read. I really like the twist Aprilynne gave to her faeries. This book was way too cute to not love.

There is a love triangle between Laurel, David and Tamani, which I am partial to David. I seem to be the only one out there who is Team David but I think it’s because he is a bit of a nerd and cares so much for Laurel, where Tamani has the hotness factor on his side.

A lot of the action does happen near the end of the book which made me sad at the time that I read it because I didn’t realize until after I finished the book and looked on Aprilynne’s website to find out there was going to be 4 books in the series. For anyone who like Faerie novels make sure you pick up Wings, it is one faerie book you don’t want to miss out on.

It is a great debut novel for Aprilynne that has put her at the top of my favourite author lists.

For information about Aprilynne’s novels, please visit her website.

The Results:

Rating: 4.7 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: You Betcha

No course language or inappropriate sexual references.

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions:294 pages, 20.7 x 15.3 x 2.7 cm
Published: April 27 2009
Publisher: Harper Teen
ISBN-10:
0061668036
ISBN-13: 978-0061668036

 

Cassay Sig

P.S. Look what I found when I was in a bookstore browsing in the books…

IMG_1305

Yep, that’s a signed 1st edition! I was soo excited when I found this randomly in Chapters.  

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've been dying to read this, but I've been putting it aside because of my towering TBR. Regardless, it's a book I want to read, and I plan to do so before the end of the year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it you'll like it! Is such a cute book.

    ReplyDelete