Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


November 17, 2010

Review: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel by Richelle Mead

 

clip_image002Rose Hathaway's got serious guy trouble.  Her gorgeous tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason has a huge crush on her, and she keeps getting stuck in her best friend Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian.  (So not cool).

Then a massive Strigoi attack puts St. Vladimir's on high alert, and the Academy crawls with Guardians--including the legendary Janine Hathaway...Rose's formidable, long-absent mother.  The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks.  This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only provide the illusion of safety.  When three students run away to strike back against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them.  Only this time, Rose--and her heart--are in more danger than she ever could have imagined...

This one went a little slow for me. I wasn’t totally into Rose’s jealously issues but did things get interesting with the new addition of Adrian, the hot royal who is totally interested in Rose. Like she needed more guy troubles.

I really like the last few chapters of this novel. We got to know more about Rose, Christian, Mia, Mason and Eddie. I really like how all 5 of the worked together in order to achieve their goals. Richelle made me feel the pain that Rose felt throughout the book. My heart ached for her in more than one spot.

The Results:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: This one I am okay with as there isn’t a lot of swears and the sex references are not as blunt as in some series.

The Details:


Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 256 Pages, 5.4 x 8.2 x 0.85 in
Published: April 15, 2008
Publisher: Penguin Young Reader Group
ISBN - 10:1595141758
ISBN - 13:9781595141750

 

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. I love Rose Hathaway! I wish I could be more like her... she says and does the things I wish I could think of!

    ReplyDelete