Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


November 18, 2010

Review: Shadow Kiss: A Vampire Academy Novel by Richelle Mead

 

clip_image002

It’s springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all...might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line--and choose between the two people she loves most.

OMG! There was tons of interesting stuff to happen in this novel. I was soo happy in Chapter 23 just to have that happiness shattered. I have feelings of anger and sadness.

So far this is by far my favourite in the series. So much happens between all the characters. Lies and secrets are kept and exposed and created tension between the characters. Past characters appear again which brings even more tension to the crew.

I am still furious about what happened at the end book but does it ever make me want to read Blood Promise NOW! So kudos to Richelle for creating a fantastic novel that has made me feel tons of different emotions about.

The Results:

Rating: 5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: This one I am okay with as there isn’t a lot of swears and the sex references are not as blunt as in some series.

The Details:

Format:Trade Paperback
Dimensions:336 Pages, 5.55 x 8.3 x 1.25 in
Published:November 18, 2008
Publisher:Penguin Young Reader Group
ISBN - 10:1595141979
ISBN - 13:9781595141972

 

Cassay Sig

14 comments:

  1. this is the best book in the series for me. when i read the ending of this book, i was really really MAD at Richelle Mead! I just gave birth and i wanted to have the next book which wasnt out yet so i waited for more than 6 months to get the next book!

    the wait for Last Sacrifice is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its killing me too. I am soo pissed off at characters its almost a problem I have. Once I proofread and post my reviews of the next 2 you will witness my anger lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear... My first books where the Twilight Saga... I read them all including breaking dawn in less then 3 days... Lets just say it helps to have insomnia... Well anyways... I dint think i'd find a book series to top twilight... and thats when i went hunting... Now i bought a stack of books (vampire diaries, The Immortals, House of night saga, Ink exchange etc) and the Vampire Academy series... I ignored them for months-about 6 or 7 to be precise... And when i got round to reading them... I read the first one in 7hours... as i re-read some of the paragraphs... (all the ones with rose and dimitri in-now i probably just sound a complete saddo)... =D anyways it took me 4 days to read upto the last book Spirit Bound... and now im screaming at her... richelle mead... to sort out what she screwed up for all the dimitri rose fans-i like andrian dont get me wrong as the chracter has some loveable spunk to him... but its being dimitri all the way for me... bring on 7-12-2010...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and this book Shadow Kiss... Chapter 23 is imprinted in my head when i read this saga over and over... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love chapters 23 and then just to have my heart ripped out later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I KNOW... i was like OMG FINALLY lol.... which lead me to re-read that chapter over and over... as i cursed richelle completely when reading the ending of shadow kiss to the end of spirit bound...

    and the only thing that got my heart going WAS AT THE END of spirit bound lol... when he literally nearly kills half the guides going after her when shes being arrested... im like - THERES STILL HOPE...
    (OK I CAN BREATHE NOW LOL after that rant)

    and is it only me - but r u slightly annoyed with the love triangle shes created (adrian being the third party)... and loved Dimitri's grandma speaking only russian to Rose...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pissed off with Dimitri right now (See Spirit Bound Review) that I have totally jumped off of his team and he has to do ALOT for me to jump back onto it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WELL... i've just got my hands on the first four chapters... TECHNICALLY - three and a bit... cos u only get one and half pages of the 4th chapter... OF LAST SACRIFICE... i can send u the link via facebook... if you want it =)... cos i dont want to spoil anything for you if u want to wait... anyways... its really good... =D and i wont say no more... just let me know soon if u do... cos i'll try and get the link to you be4 it gets took down for copy right reasons...

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's up illegally - I don't want to be associated. Lol I can wait another week maybe my anger will calm down by then

    ReplyDelete
  10. well chapters OR A CHAPTER... aint sure which... was supposed to be released today... and thats when i went searching and found that... (r u going to one of her book signings) =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA... right it was all legit and was put on an ipad app or site... as a mini spoiler for those who wanted to buy it... and was individually page for page put on the offcial website... (right i hope this message makes sense as my insomnia kicking up a stink)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No sadly I'm in Western Canada and no authors come by :(. But I did pre-order myself a signed copy to match the others ones that I bought :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. where do u order a signed copy... and do u know if they can be sent internationally... =)and same ere... you'd have to live in london to get a signed copy of anything...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The end of this book tore my heart out! I think I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Richelle Mead at the end of this book, because it was so heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete