Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


November 25, 2010

Review: Spirit Bound - A Vampire Academy Novel by Richelle Mead

Spirit BoundDimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong…
After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever

DIMITRI I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW THAT YOU ARE ON MY HATE LIST AND I AM JUMPING TEAMS! TEAM ADRIAN FTW!!!!

Okay now that I have that off of my chest I think I’m good for now. I think. Boy did Richelle ever rip my heart out and stab it with a stake. I was soo angry at so many different characters for the choices that they made. Like seriously can’t at one person at least be happy? I loved this book for the fact that it made me actually have feelings towards the characters.

Don’t let me anger tell you I don’t love it because I do and I can’t wait for Last Sacrifice. I’ve preordered 2 copies – yep that’s right 2 copies (one is signed and I won’t get it for awhile seeing it will go to California first then to Canada and well I just can’t wait that long). I know, I’m not the only one who can’t wait.

I have so many questions that need answering - Who is going to end up with who? Is anyone going to die? Is there going to be a being battle between the Strigoi and Moroi? Who killed.....? Will Rose get to guard Lissa? I have so many questions! These <15 days are going to kill me.

I really like how Lissa has grown some balls over the past few novels she is finally learning to protect herself and not being the lame vampire – I know she can do better. I love Rose and Adrian’s relationship it makes me laugh and I kind alike them together. I know, you Team Dimitri fans are going to send me hate mail BUT how can you justify what he did?!?!?

The Results:

Rating: 5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: This one I am okay with as there isn’t a lot of swears and the sex references are not as blunt as in some series.

The Details:

Format:Hardcover
Dimensions:496 Pages, 6 x 8.65 x 1.75 in
Published:December 7, 2010
Publisher:Penguin Young Reader Group
ISBN - 10:1595143068
ISBN - 13:9781595143068

Cassay Sig

5 comments:

  1. This book almost kill me to put it down... It was ace... one thing i have to note... we have 608 pages to go to end this saga... and i dont know if to be happy or sad about it... =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad. I have a feeling that my feelings are going to be all over the place while reading it :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower from a Sunday Blog Hop. I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs!

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Have a great Sunday!

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  4. just think... we can re-read all the best bits though of this book series... and i know it aint the same... BUT... we have more vamp academy books coming... (maybe a new love story...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! Richelle Mead is fantastic! I read Spirit Bound long enough ago that I am forgetting the ending, but I adored the end of the series! I can't wait for Bloodlines to come out!!

    ReplyDelete