Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 3, 2010

Author Interview with Jennifer Laurens

 

Jennifer was kind enough to let me interview her. Jennifer is the Author of the Heavenly series. You can find my review here.

 Where did you come up with the idea for Heavenly?

I have a daughter who has autism. Our family struggled for years to understand and accept her condition, not to mention live with the huge changes it has brought into our lives. Heavenly is very much our family story, with most of the incidents being taken from our 41yqgwA-NVL__SS500_experiences.

Which of your novels did you find you most rewarding & challenging to write?

Absolution. I’d never written a series, and struggled with how to bring it to a satisfying conclusion that still remained true to the integrity of the characters and their journey.

Why did you decide to go the self-publishing route rather than using a publishing company?

I’d had two agents. I spent 7 years doing the NY thing. Having started a publishing company myself and learning about the business from every angle has been super exciting and challenging, I LOVE it. Plus, I remain true to myself: I write what I want to write, not what the market dictates or what an editor tells me is hot, or I should write. Bottom line: I’m a writer because I love it, not because it’s a huge money maker.

If you could choose a character to be from 1641683Heavenly which one would you choose and why?

Well, I kind of AM the mother…in some ways. Her feelings about her daughter were ALL feelings I felt as I learned to deal with my child and her handicap, and my other children and their challenges.

Can you tell us a little about your other novels?

I started writing because my teenage girls wanted romances with plenty of tension but no smut. Falling for Romeo was inspired by daughter’s experience in her high school production of Romeo and Juliet. She came home each night with these hilarious happenings and I thought, there’s a book there! Same with Magic Hands – my other daughter’s experiences were the inspiration for that book.

3x5Are you currently working on anything new? If so, can you tell us a little bit about your works in progress?

I just wrapped Overprotected – the story of a NYC society princess sheltered by her overprotected, powerful father. It’s a coming-of-age story. A girl’s struggle for freedom. Things change in her life when her father hires her childhood enemy as her new bodyguard.

You recently went to a movie screening of Season of Eden. Can you tell us what it was like to see your story on the big screen?

It was THE COOLEST seasonofedenTHING EVER!!!!! I kept listening to the dialog going, “Did I write that???” LOL. That experience is a whole other interview in and of itself. Unforgettable.

What are your favourite....

Books: Honest Illusions
Movies: The Social Network, Inception, Devil Wears Prada
TV Shows: Vampire Diaries, Mad Men
Foods: Donuts! Chocolate! Cakes! Chocolate! Sees Candy! Chocolate! ( did I mention chocolate??)

Thank you Jennifer for answering my questions! I may have to have an interview designated to Season of Eden being turned into a movie so that I can get more details out of you Winking smile.

Please visit Jennifer’s website for more information on her novels.

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment