Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 14, 2010

Review: Armed & Magical by Lisa Shearin + Day 2 Contest

clip_image002

Ordinary sorceress. Extraordinary power.
Suddenly she’s the most popular girl in town.

My name is Raine Benares. Until last week I was a seeker—a finder of things lost and people missing. Now I’m psychic roommates with the Saghred, an ancient stone with cataclysmic powers. Just me, the stone, and all the souls it’s ingested over the centuries. Crowded doesn’t even begin to describe it…

All Raine wants is her life back—which means getting rid of the stone and the power it possesses. To sort things out, she heads for the Isle of Mid, home to the most prestigious sorcery school, as well as the Conclave, the governing body for all magic users. It’s also home to power-grubbing mages who want Raine dead and goblins who see her as a thief. As if that’s not enough, Mid’s best student spellsingers are disappearing left and right, and Raine’s expected to find them.

Lives are at stake, goblins are threatening to sue, mages are getting greedier, and the stone’s power is getting stronger by the hour. This could get ugly. Excerpt from Lisa’s website.

Raine’s sassiness continues in the second novel in the series. Raine’s not only has herself to protect while in the Isle of Mid, now she has to keep Piara’s safe who is turning out of be the strongest spellsinger. To add to Raine’s troubles she finds herself in a love triangle with Tam and Mychael.

We find out some of Tams mysterious past which seems to make him hotter and Mychael’s protectiveness of Raine makes me gush over him. Once again Lisa keeps her humour and action which keeps the books paced nicely.

Armed & Magical is a nice middle to the series it prepares for the main dilemma Raine must overcome and gives a bit more background information on minor characters.

The Results:

Rating: 5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: It is in the adult section but I know my sister is mature enough for it.

The Details:

Format: Mass Market Paperbound
Dimensions: 304 Pages, 4.24 x 6.78 x 0.83 in
Published: April 29, 2008
Publisher: Berkley Mass Market
ISBN - 10:0441015875
ISBN - 13:9780441015870

******************************************************************

CONTEST TIME!!


IMG_1328

Todays winner will receive a *signed* magnet, *signed* postcard and a *signed* bookmark!

Contest Rules:

- Must be 13 years old or older to enter
- Open internationally, I will ship everywhere!
- Contest closes Dec 20, 2010 at midnight
- You may enter all of the contest during the week
- I’m making this one easy! All you have to do it enter your name and email address. No bonus points this time around. But I would appreciate it if you would spread the word around, comment or be a blog follower because I would love you if you do. Smile

Easy Peasey! Go forth and enter to win some awesome swag! I’ve seen it! It is pretty darn awesome!

****please use this form to enter****

Cassay Sig

5 comments:

  1. :) Following you ;)
    cant wait to read this series. !!! Have befriended this lovely lady on facebook awaitng her approval; ) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina, I just added you to my friends list this morning! Welcome! Email me and let me know how you like the books.

    Take care!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lisa's books!! lol I won't tire of saying it!!! I follow the blog but I did not think about Facebook... off looking into that!

    sophieamontreal AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series looks REALLY GOOD! Thank you so much for the chance to win. Going to find this author on FB and Twitter now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa for adding me and Cassay for the great comp ;) I havent yet had the pleasure of these books but certianly can not wait !!!! Great comp Cassay once again !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete