Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 17, 2010

Review: Bewitched & Betrayed by Lisa Shearin + Day 4 Contest

clip_image002Impending war is the least of her problems.

My name is Raine Benares. I’m a seeker. I find lost things and missing people — usually alive. Finding the specters of six evil mages who escaped the Saghred, a soul-eating stone of unlimited power, was easy. Stopping them before they unleash Hell on earth just may be the death of me.

Being bonded to the Saghred wasn’t my idea — neither is hunting down its escapees. Especially not when one of them is also hunting me. He’s regenerating his body by taking the lives of powerful victims, along with their memories, knowledge, and most important of all, their magic. The dark mage wants control of the Saghred, and if he gets it, he’ll become an evil demigod whom no one can stop. The only thing in his way is me.

One of us doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance.

Note: This first paragraph does have a spoiler - I have put it in white so you have to highlight it in order to read. But read at your own risk. I just said to say something about it but I don't want to spoil you so you make your own decision if you wanna be spoiled or not. :)

*Fan girl squeal* I am sooo happy with Raine that words can’t express how hot her nooky scene with Mychael was. I am sooo happy that she choice him. I do feel bad for Tam who has an obvious connection with Raine but man my team won....woot woot!

Okay on with the story.... Raine has met up with an old friend again Mr. Sarad Nukpana who is taking souls from residents of Isle of Mid. Mychael and Raine need to stop him before he can make his body whole again.

Mychael and Raine do get closer in this novel and Raine must make a hard decision regarding Tam. Talon tries to be a hero and gets himself in trouble. Piara’s can’t let his friend go alone so he follows Talon which results in Raine following as well. Like she needs anymore problems.

Bewitched & Betrayed is my favourite novel in the series. It was constantly keeping me on the edge of my seat. Lisa is the master of keeping her books paced with the amount of action she puts in them as well as the humour she uses with her characters.

The Results:

Rating: 5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: This one has a more detailed sex scene it so I probably wouldn’t let my sister read until she was a bit older.

The Details:

*******************************************************************

CONTEST TIME!!

IMG_1329

Todays winner will receive a *signed* magnet, *signed* postcard and a *signed* bookmark!

Contest Rules:

- Must be 13 years old or older to enter
- Open internationally, I will ship everywhere!
- Contest closes Dec 20, 2010 at midnight
- You may enter all of the contest during the week
- I’m making this one easy! All you have to do it enter your name and email address. No bonus points this time around. But I would appreciate it if you would spread the word around, comment or be a blog follower because I would love you if you do. Smile

Easy Peasey! Go forth and enter to win some awesome swag! I’ve seen it! It is pretty darn awesome!

****please use this form to enter****

Cassay Sig

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great chance to win Cassay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping by. Great contest! My hop is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Day four and still going strong.. have yet to work out cover reveal but I may have an idea lol..
    Thanks for yet another chance to win !!!

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassay, thanks for hosting Lisa Shearin week. She is by far my favorite author. And since I follow her blog, I was led to yours! Keep up the good work I've enjoyed reading your past posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the int'l giveaway! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete