Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 13, 2010

Review: Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearing + Day 1 Contest

clip_image002A girl with attitude. An all-powerful amulet.
This could only mean trouble.

My name is Raine Benares. I’m a seeker. The people who hire me are usually happy when I find things. But some things are better left unfound…

Raine is a sorceress of moderate powers, from an extended family of smugglers and thieves. With a mix of street smarts and magic spells, she can usually take care of herself. But when her friend Quentin, a not-quite-reformed thief, steals an amulet from the home of a powerful necromancer, Raine finds herself wrapped up in more trouble than she cares for. She likes attention as much as the next girl, but having an army of militant goblins hunting her down is not her idea of a good time. The amulet they’re after holds limitless power, derived from an ancient, soul-stealing stone. And when Raine takes possession of the item, it takes possession of her. Excerpt from Lisa’s website.

Now her moderate powers are increasing beyond anything she could imagine—but is the resumé enhancement worth her soul?

Raine is one sassy chick. I love her and I would totally want her on my side in a bar fight. I don’t read a lot of adult books because I find that they bore me but this one kept my attention from beginning to end. There is also a lot of eye candy. ;)

The writing is very witty and I found myself in tears laughing at some of Raine’s witty comments. Lisa keeps the attention of her readers by constantly having action and a dilemma Raine must overcome in order to move forward to hear goal.

I liked that Lisa describe just enough information about Mermeia to satisfy me and give a good sense of the where Raine lives.

Lisa’s goblins are SEXY! You probably will never hear my say that again but Tam is one hot and mysterious goblin. But, I am partial to Mychael. There is just something about him that I really like, maybe it is his position in the law.

The Results:

Rating: 5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: It is in the adult section but I know my sister is mature enough for it.

The Details:

Format: Mass Market Paperbound
Dimensions: 352 Pages, 4.24 x 6.8 x 0.96 in
Published: May 29, 2007
Publisher: Berkley Mass Market
ISBN - 10:0441015050
ISBN - 13:9780441015054

********************************************************************

CONTEST TIME!!!

Lisa has been kind enough to donate some signed swag!

IMG_1326

Todays winner will receive a *signed* magnet, *signed* postcard and a *signed* bookmark!

Contest Rules:

- Must be 13 years old or older to enter
- Open internationally, I will ship everywhere!
- Contest closes Dec 20, 2010 at midnight
- You may enter all of the contest during the week
- I’m making this one easy! All you have to do it enter your name and email address. No bonus points this time around. But I would appreciate it if you would spread the word around, comment or be a blog follower because I would love you if you do. Smile

Easy Peasey! Go forth and enter to win some awesome swag! I’ve seen it! It is pretty darn awesome!

****please use this form to enter to win****

Cassay Sig

9 comments:

  1. I love Lisa Shearin's books!!!

    Sophie sophieamontreal AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD!! These books. I fell in love with it from the first book and infected my friends with my love for this book.

    It's funny, exciting, engaging and intense. I LOVE Raine and Tam and Mycheal, Talon, Phealan, Pieras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys and gals love them as much as I do.

    Sophie - I'm assuming you left your email for the contest? if so there is actually a form for you to fill out. It's right above my signature picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having a Lisa Shearin week! She is such a talented writer. I love Raine's world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Cassey !!! Once again a great review I must say *blushes* I have not yet read this series or heard of this Author but to no evail this is why I follow you !! To find more great authors and add to my endless gianormous pile off books to be read ;) .. Thanks for making it international.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove these books!
    mychael is my fave ;D

    blueweasles@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone! I'm so glad you all love my books! Don't forget, next Monday (December 20) I'll be posting the first three chapters of CON & CONJURE on my blog as a present for you all. www.lisashearin.com

    Cassay, you're the best!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great contest! Thank you for the chance to win. This series looks GREAT! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becks - your very welcome!

    Katrina - Stay tuned for Wednesday, theres a possibility that I will be giving away the books in the series so far.....

    Joanne - I love Mychael as well!

    Lisa - You are very welcome! Thanks for donating the swag! :) I can't wait to read the 3 chapters and todays snippet was HOT! hehe

    Mindy - You will love the series!

    ReplyDelete