Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 16, 2010

Review: The Trouble with Demons by Lisa Shearin + Day 3 Contest

clip_image002

Be careful what you seek...

My name is Raine Benares. I’m a seeker. People hire me when they need something found. I’m not usually the one being sought. But that all changed when I found the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone of unlimited power — and the bane of my existence. Now mages and madmen have me in their sights, not to mention demons…

An opened Hellgate leads to a demon infestation on the Isle of Mid, and while there’s never an ideal time to face down demon hordes, it’s hard to imagine a worse one. Already fighting the influence of the Saghred, Raine discovers she is also magically bonded to a dark mage and a white knight, two dangerous and powerful men on opposing sides — and Raine’s stuck in the middle.

But with demons pouring through the Hellgate, Raine can’t afford to be distracted. Turns out, the demons want the key to unlock the Saghred. As a seeker, Raine should be able to find it first. As the axis of light and dark powers, she’s a magical cataclysm waiting to happen…

Raine’s love triangle is a lot more complicated than she expected and I am rooting for Mychael! His protectiveness has beaten out Tam’s dark and sexiness.

The Trouble with Demons focuses more on Raine’s relationship with Tam and Mychael but does not lack any action or humour. Trouble always seems to find Raine and Co. Especially with Piara’s and Talon who provide some humour when they are together. You have to completely different characters becoming friends – Talon the horn dog (who hits on his could be father’s girlfriend...that’s a little weird) and Piara’s the shy respectable one. Opposites attract in their friendship.

The Trouble with Demons wasn’t my favourite in the series but it did create a nice dilemma for Raine and got her closer to both men...so I can’t complain too much.

Raine also gets a very nice surprise at the end of the book that will hopefully help her rid the Saghred.

The Results:

Rating: 4.7 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: It is in the adult section but I know my sister is mature enough for it.

The Details:

Format: Mass Market Paperbound
Dimensions: 384 Pages, 4.28 x 6.82 x 1.04 in
Published: April 28, 2009
Publisher: Berkley Mass Market
ISBN - 10:0441017126
ISBN - 13:9780441017126

*****************************************************************

CONTEST TIME!!

IMG_1327

Todays winner will receive a *signed* magnet, *signed* postcard and a *signed* bookmark!

Contest Rules:

- Must be 13 years old or older to enter
- Open internationally, I will ship everywhere!
- Contest closes Dec 20, 2010 at midnight
- You may enter all of the contest during the week
- I’m making this one easy! All you have to do it enter your name and email address. No bonus points this time around. But I would appreciate it if you would spread the word around, comment or be a blog follower because I would love you if you do. Smile

Easy Peasey! Go forth and enter to win some awesome swag! I’ve seen it! It is pretty darn awesome!

****please use this form to enter****

Cassay Sig

2 comments:

  1. OOOH so excited. You have me wanting to read this series so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That was the point of this week to get more ppp readin Lisa's books :)

    ReplyDelete