Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 15, 2010

WoW: Con & Conjure by Lisa Shearin + Re-Create the Cover Contest

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I am eagerly anticipating.

Continuing with Lisa Shearin week I introduce the new book in the Raine series…. CON & CONJURE!!

My name is Raine Benares. I’m a seeker who finds lost things and missing people. My relatives, on the other hand, steal things. They’re the most notorious criminal family in the seven kingdoms. Sometimes I wonder if they have the right idea, especially since what I’ve found lately is likely to get me killed. And the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone that has given me unlimited power, is to blame for every last bit of it.

Ever since the Saghred bonded to me, the goblin king and the elven power brokers have wanted to possess its magic themselves. But to get it, they’ll have to get me, and their pockets are deep enough to make that happen. With the help of my highly qualified family, I’ve rigged the perfect con—one that will financially ruin the elves who are spoiling for war. My family’s run elaborate scams before, but none involving this much money, government officials this highly ranked, or a war this close to starting. In our way is a goblin thief who’s after the Saghred, and my ex-fiancé—an elven assassin who may be after me. I broke up with him. Let’s just say it could have gone better.

If either the goblins or the elves get their hands on the Saghred, they have every intention of using it. Which means total annihilation will be inevitable… Excerpt from Lisa’s website.

Con & Conjure will be released on March 29, 2011. I can’t wait for it!

*******************************************************************

CONTEST TIME!

Today’s contest is a little different and has a much BIGGER prize because you will have to work for it.

Todays contest is going to be a re-create the cover contest! I’m super excited about this because I have such talented followers and I can’t wait to see what you all come up with.

The Prize:

Copy of Magic Lost, Trouble Found
Copy of Armed & Magical
Copy of The Trouble with Demons
Copy of Bewitched & Betrayed
Pre-order of Con & Conjure

Yep that is right every book that has been published so far for the winner!

Rules:

- Must be at least 17 years or older (Because this is an adult series and the 4th book in the series does have adult content in it – see review on Friday for more details on this)
- You may pick any ONE cover from the Raine Barnes series to re-create
- Open Internationally (as long as Book Depository ships to your country)
- Contest ends January 8, 2011 at Midnight MST *Edit - Date Extended*
- One entry per person
- All entries will be voted on by my followers.
- All covers must be ORGINAL work. No stealing others work! You will be disqualified.

****please use this form to submit your entry****

***Edit Dec 30, 2010: Extended deadline to enter to Jan 8.***

Cassay Sig

9 comments:

  1. DONE! Wow...first one of these I have ever done. SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for this one! Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Done. I hope I'm not too late.

    Angela Evans......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done. Didn't realize the deadline had changed -- ah well, now it's in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel - I wanted to get some more entries in the goal was to get 10 and I thought people may have been busy with the holidays so I decided to give everyone some extra time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished, and it was my first re-create ever!
    Thanks for this:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fewww!! Just got it finished and sent there now!

    Completely forgot about it hence the panic! lol!

    Best of luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete