Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 19, 2011

The Bleeders Book Tour: Michaela Haze’s Top Ten books of 2010

 

buttongz

It is with great honour that I have Michaela Haze author of The Bleeders joining me today with a list of her favourite books!

 


I am a fan of books. If you know my name and/or have read my book and are thinking ‘duh this girl is an author, of course she loves books’ then I am sorry for informing you of the obvious. Who doesn’t love books? Lots of people. But since you are reading this on what appears to be a book blog, I am going to assume that you are a book lover too. So that’s good isn’t it?

This year I have read some pretty awesome stuff and as pdead-witch-walking-coverart of my Book Blog Tour for THE BLEEDERS I thought I would share some of the titles with you in case you were interested.

My belief is that people that don’t read live in very small worlds. Just by reading any sort of book, fantasy fiction or even a psychology text book—we realise when reading that book that our world is in fact very small. There is so much that we as singular people don’t get to experience and my belief is that everyone should read.

Gah! What is this? A pro-literary speech? 

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison 988-1

Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

The Magicians by Lev Grossman 

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

Stray by Rachel Vincent

Scarred by Julia Hoban

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine 0307-9-7807783-2433-1-bigw

Uglies by Scott Westerfield

Poison Study by Maria V Snyder

If you have read any of the books on this list then you will be wondering, most possibly, why I love fantasy so much? I don’t know why, precisely. Can one say why they like ice cream so much? I like fantasy; I live fantasy as I write it. Creating a new world is much more interesting then run of the mill romantic stories for me—though I am a fan of those too.

I suggest these books because I love them. If you are curious as to what they are about then feel free to google them as I thought that my own little synopsis of each one did not do it justice.

And here is a suggestion, just because I can…

bleeeeeeThe Bleeders by Michaela Haze (That’s me!)

Sophia Taylor, Soho barmaid and alcoholic in denial, hires a hitman to kill the two murderers of her sister Melanie only to find that he is a hundred year old incubus with an addiction to life force and killing the scum of the earth to get it.

All she used to worry about was whether her kitchen cupboard was stocked with vodka, now she must run for her life.

Feel free to check it out.

 


Thank You Michaela! I love Poison Study as well! Make sure you check out all the other spots on the tour to learn more about The Bleeders. There’s even a giveaway!

final2z

 

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment