Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 11, 2011

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

 

clip_image002Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find the dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself .Excerpt from Kimberly’s website.

Criminal Minds meets YA Fiction is how I would categorize this novel therefore equalling an awesome book for me.

One of my favourite parts about this series was the chapters that were written in the point of view of the killer it was like I was hearing Dr. Reed telling his team just how the killer work and why he did the things that he did. I really like how Kimberly did this.

I also liked Vi and Jay relationship. It makes me wish I grew up with a childhood best friend that I would always stay best friends with. I’m so jealous of them. I love how their relationship evolves over the novel and how relationships with their mutual friends develop as well.

It was a quick read but for a Criminal Minds lover, I couldn’t imagine it any other way. Vi has some of the funniest girlfriends a girl can ask for. I loved Chelsea she made me laugh every time she opened her mouth.

The last 10 pages left me breathless than I let out a giant “thank god” – which the boyfriend totally looked at me like I was on something. I was this close (pretend that you are seeing my fingers show you a very very small space) to bawling my eyes out.

The Results:

4.8 out of 5
Would I let my 15 year old sister read it: Yeppers – She is slowing getting into the Crime Drama’s show I should be able to get away with sliding this one into her to read pile.

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 336 Pages, 5.88 x 8.63 x 1.08 in
Published: March 8, 2010
Publisher: HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS
ISBN - 10:0061779814
ISBN - 13:9780061779817

Funny thing that happened while reading – I have a aunt named Violet so every time I saw the name I wanted to put “Aunt” in front of it and some parts I would read as Auntie Vi and I was like what! Wait a second...

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment