Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 24, 2011

Review: Ink Exchange By Melissa Marr

 

ink-exchange-melissa-marr

Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Court has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . . Excerpt from Melissa’s website.

I was really hoping to get my fix of Seth in this novel but little did I know it focused of Aislinn’s friend Leslie. I was a bit disappointed that Seth wasn’t in this novel but it was still pretty good.

I liked being able to get the perspective of the Dark Court, where are the cruel fairies are from. We do see a soft side of Irial the king of the Dark Court which you’d wouldn’t expect him to have a soft side. I liked how even though he pretty much ruined Leslie’s life he still cares a lot about her. It was kinda sweet in a weird way.

I’m crossing my fingers that the third novel has my fix of Seth in it because I dunno what I am going to do if I don’t get my Seth fix.

The Rating:

4.5 out of 5

Would I let me sister read: Yes

The Details:

Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 352 Pages, 5.38 x 8.06 x 0.86 in
Published: March 23, 2009
Publisher: Harpercollins Publishers
ISBN - 10:0061214701
ISBN - 13:9780061214707

Cassay Sig

1 comment: