Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 23, 2011

Review: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

 

With Darkest Mercy releasing yesterday I decided this week I would post my reviews of the Wicked Lovely Series.

wicked_lovely

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21st century faery tale. Excerpt from Melissa’s website.

I am confessing my love right now. SETH, I LOVE YOU!!! Yep, I said it I love Seth...anyone else?

I really enjoyed this novel. I liked the relationship with Aislinn and her friends, family and of course Seth. I liked feeling the tension of love between Keenan and Donia. I liked reading about Keenan and his quest to woo Aislinn. Aislinn consistently turning him down made me laugh my ass off.

Melissa knows how to keep her reading attention. I really didn’t want to put this book down but I had to because I stayed up soo late reading it that I was ready to pass out with the book on me and I didn’t want my book to get wrecked cause I love it too much. There was just enough tension between the characters to keep you guessing who was going to get their way and who was going to get screwed. There is also enough action to keep you turning the pages.

I can’t wait to read the next books in the series.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

Would I let me 15 year old sister read: You Bet

The Details:

Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 352 Pages, 5.25 x 8.05 x 0.9 in
Published: April 22, 2008
Publisher: Harpercollins Publishers
ISBN - 10:0061214671
ISBN - 13:9780061214677

Cassay Sig

5 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading this book as well, re-reading the 1st 3 books to finish reading the series, I"m super stoked to be reading them again. I love Melissa Marr's books so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eead them back in Oct just haven't got around to posting them but it works out this week with Darkest Mercy vein released apparently I was subconsciencly waiting lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seth all the way! I LOVE him. I can't even fathom that there are people who prefer Keenan. There's nothing wrong with him (well except that he's prissy and manipluative, and in love with someone else!) but he'll never be SETH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm sooo not on the Keenan train and nothing will put me on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I bought this book today and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete