Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


April 20, 2011

Guest Post: Why I Read?

Emilie from Emilie’s Book World is here today to help break me out of tax jail….Its getting pretty stressful and crazy busy now so I’m glad to have some awesome blogging friends that are soo supportive!

 


The obvious answer to the question “Why do I read?” is because I like it. But that’s not the only reason. There are a lot of other people out there who enjoy reading, but for me it’s more than just enjoying a good book. When I read, the story comes to life and I completely lose myself in the story. Simply put, reading is my method of escape.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved reading and pretty much devoured every book I read. I remember being in the first grade and going through all the chapter books my teacher had in the class and then moving on to the ones at my local library. As I got older, the books I read changed but my love of reading just kept on growing more and more. Over the years I’ve read an incredible amount of books, too many to count, but I can say I’ve enjoyed the wider majority of them and escaped in every one of them.

Books offer an escape that I can’t get from movies or TV shows. As much as I love movies and TV shows, I just don’t see to become completely engrossed in them the way I do with books. When I read a book, I find myself being completely absorbed into the story, the characters, the world and everything about the book becomes real. Maybe I have an overactive imagination, but there is nothing I love more than getting lost in a book.

Now I read mostly young adult books. It might have to do with the fact that I just left my teens behind but I have found in my experience those are the books I enjoy the most. I can relate to the characters. I know what they are going through just from recently having gone through it myself. Personally, I don’t care what people say about YA books, they’re my favorite and they will likely be for a long time.

I don’t see myself stop reading any time soon. There are some periods where I have less time to read but I will always make time. Like I said, reading is my escape and without it sometimes I could go crazy.

So yeah, you could say I’m addicted to books. As far as addictions go, there is way worse out there.

Emilie
http://emiliebookworld.blogspot.com
Twitter: @emiliebookworld

Don’t forget to check out the CoFA by Cassandra Clare here

1 comment: