Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


May 28, 2011

Review: Happy Birthday to Me by Brian Rowe

clip_image002

Seventeen-year-old Cameron Martin has a huge problem: he’s aging a whole year of his life with each passing day!

High school is hard enough; imagine rapidly aging from seventeen to seventy in a matter of weeks, with no logical explanation, and with prom, graduation, and the state championship basketball game all on the horizon. That’s what happens to Cameron, a popular pretty boy who's never had to face a day looking anything but perfect.

All Cameron wants to do is go back to normal, but no one, not even the best doctors, can diagnose his condition. When he finds love with a mysterious young woman, however, he realizes his only hope for survival might be with the one person who started his condition in the first place... Excerpt from Brian’s website.

First, I would like to thank Brian for offering me a copy Happy Birthday to Me to review. I thought Happy Birthday to Me was well written and that the characters were relatable. I was able to pick a person from my graduating class that would fit each character perfectly which was kinda cool but I won’t mention any names haha.

I found that the story was fairly predictable. I knew the exact moment when Cameron would start aging and I knew what exactly caused it. The story also reminded me of 17 Again starring Zac Efron just in reverse (who by the way I think would make a perfect Cameron). One of the final scenes between Wes and Cameron brought me to tears. I liked how their friendship was simple yet complicated.

The book ended in a way that leaves readers content with the characters but Brian has 2 more books in the series and one thing that isn’t predictable is I have no idea where he is going to take the story. So I am very curious to see where it goes.

The Rating:

3 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Paperback
Publisher: Indie
Published: April 2011
Pages: 314
ISBN-10: 1461071798
ISBN-13: 978-1461071792

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment