Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


May 30, 2011

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

nightshade_cover

While other teenage girls daydream about boys, Calla Tor imagines ripping out her enemies’ throats. And she wouldn’t have it any other way. Calla was born a warrior and on her eighteenth-birthday she’ll become the alpha female of the next generation of Guardian wolves. But Calla’s predestined path veers off course the moment she saves the life of a wayward hiker, a boy her own age. This human boy’s secret will turn the young pack's world upside down and forever alter the outcome of the centuries-old Witches' War that surrounds them all. Excerpt from Andrea’s website.

Nightshade is not your typical werewolf story and I loved it!! I loved the world that Andrea created between the Keepers and the Guardians. Andrea’s characters are also very lovable. I love Shay and Ren each have their own faults but they are both perfect and it’s hard to just pick one.

I like how Andrea mixed wolf and witch lore together to create a unique series. Andrea has created secondary characters personality that I have no idea who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. I think I may know but everything seems to take way different twists and turns that I’m only like 5% sure I know.

I love the tension that surrounds all the little love birds in the series. There is so much love to go around it is crazy! Everyone is falling in love with someone of the pack even though they know they could have their hearts broken and have to mate with another. It makes me sad. I hope Andrea keeps all her love birds together. I can’t wait to read Wolfsbane.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: Yes

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 464 Pages, 6.5 x 9.25 x 1.5 in
Published: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Penguin Young Reader Group
ISBN - 10:039925482X
ISBN - 13:9780399254826

Cassay Sig

3 comments:

  1. I've definitely heard good things about this one. Glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really LOVED this book, too! Team Ren!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great review! I have this book and have yet to read it, would you believe...but my TBR pile is SO humongous I hardly know where to start!

    Anyway, thanks for the review!!

    BTW, I think your blog is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I'd like to give you an award, if you will accept it.

    You can find it at:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete