Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


May 27, 2011

Review: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

personal-demons-200

Frannie Cavanaugh has always been a bit of a loner. She's spent years keeping everyone at a distance, even her closest friends. That is, until Luc Cain enrolls in her school. He's hot, sarcastic, and dangerous—and Frannie can't seem to stay away.

What she doesn't know is that Luc is on a mission. Because Frannie isn't exactly ordinary. She possesses a skill so unique that the king of Hell himself has taken notice, and he's sent Luc to claim Frannie's soul. It should be easy: All he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come.

Unfortunately for Luc, Heaven has other plans, and he's just started making progress when the angel Gabriel shows up. Gabe will do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for, and his angelic charm might just be enough to keep Frannie on the right path.

It isn't long before Luc and Gabe find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie's soul. But if Luc fails to win her over, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them. Excerpt from Lisa’s website.

Gabe? Luc? Gabe? Luc? AAAAHHH To much hottest to choice!!! But finally I think I decided to go with Luc.

I loved Personal Demons. Lisa created a fabulous first book to the series. I love all Frannie, Gabe and Luc. These characters made me laugh, cry, and angry. You name the emotion and I probably felt it while reading this book. The story was well written. I liked being able to read from Frannie’s and Luc’s perspectives. If we were about to read from Gabe’s perception I think it would have made the choice between Luc and Gabe even harder. I can’t wait to see where Lisa takes the story in Original Sin. I’m looking forward to reading it!

I like Maria V Snyder (Author of the Study Series, Glass Series and Inside Out) quote on the book because it sums this novel up perfectly. Maria had this to say about Personal Demons:

“Fun and entertaining....the fight for Frannie’s soul isn’t going to be easy, and the excitement doesn’t stop. Good versus evil shouldn’t be this much fun, but it is! A hot debut”

I completely agree with Maria. Good versus evil shouldn’t be this fun or hot! It should be an easy decision but really it’s not.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

Would I let my 15 year old sister read: Mhmm

The Details:

Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 368 Pages, 5.5 x 8.2 x 1 in
Published: September 14, 2010
Publisher: Tom Doherty Associates
ISBN - 10:0765328089
ISBN - 13:9780765328083

Cassay Sig

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds awesome. thanks for the ehads up. I'll have to read it!

    EvieParomantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book sooo much. Cannot wait for Original Sin to be released so I can have more Gabe in my life :D

    ReplyDelete