Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


May 18, 2011

Torment by Lauren Kate

Print

LOVE NEVER DIES

Lucinda is sure that she and Daniel are meant to be together forever. Now they are forced apart in a desperate bid to save Luce from the Outcasts–immortals who want her dead. As she discovers more about her past lives, Luce starts to suspect that Daniel is hiding something. What if he has lied to her about their shared past? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else? Excerpt from Lauren’s website.

I found Torment to be a little bit better than Fallen but it still didn’t have that wow factor for me. I liked being able to read about Daniel and his adventures away from Luce. I also liked how we got to learn more about Luce being able to see her past life and learn more history about the world of fallen angels.

I liked the new characters that Lauren created in this series; I found that I was able to relate to these characters more than the characters in Fallen. Each of these characters has an interesting past that was neat to learn and I can’t wait to learn more about the new characters. As the series continues I find the next book to be better so I have some faith that Passion may just blow me away with the telling of Luce and Daniels past lives.

The Rating:

3.5 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 464 Pages, 5.92 x 8.5 x 1.5 in
Published: September 28, 2010
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
ISBN - 10: 0385739141
ISBN - 13: 9780385739146

Cassay Sig

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. Though Torment is better, it's still not a kind of book that will stay with me. I thought I was the only one feeling this way. But like you, I'm giving the third book a chance.. for the sake of Cam and Lauren Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - the series isn't knocking my socks off like I thought it would :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers for these books so so much, but sadly that's about the best thing about them. I only read the first book and it was okay-but not good enough to buy the 2nd. If I got the chance to read it for free I would but it's not something I'd pay for. Good review, I hope the 3rd one is much better.

    ReplyDelete