Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


June 1, 2011

Interview with Lisa Shearin

So remember back in March/April and I ask you if you had any questions for Lisa? Well she has answered our questions! I would like to thank Lisa soooo much for taking time out of her busy schedule to answer the questions.

LisaShearinSquare

Briefly describe the Raine Benares series.

My protagonist, Raine Benares, is an elf and a smagiclost_cover_fullsizeeeker, a finder of lost things and missing people. In terms of magical talent, Raine has enough that she’s good at her job, makes a decent living, and that’s perfectly fine with her. She’s happy. Raine’s problems start when through a series of misadventures she finds herself linked to a proverbial cursed stone of power that gives the one person it’s linked to the power to basically take over the world. You know, kill thousands, enslave millions, and literally move mountains—your standard god-like kind of stuff. And oh, by the way, the stone will drive you insane, a full-fledged cackling loony, and then you die, usually by throwing yourself off the mountain that you just carved in half. Needless to say, Raine’s new goal in life is to find a way to get rid of the rock. The new goal of every magical mobster and sicko sorcerer in Mermeia and beyond is to get hold of Raine.

What was your inspiration for Raines’ story?

Raine’s adventures came out of my love of genre fiction—fantasy, detective fiction, mysteries, action adventure, romantic comedy, thrillers, and crime capers. I wanted to combine fantasy with the intrigue of the classic detective novel, the suspense of a mystery, the daring of action adventure, and the fun of romantic comedy and crime capers. I wanted to write a roller coaster that you could read. I think it all goes back to my college days and not being able to find a book that combined all of my genre fiction loves. So I wrote the type of books I wanted to read, but couldn’t quite find. Well, that and Raine didn’t give me a choice.

How many books are planned for the Raine Benares series? con-conjure-layout-186x300

The Saghred storyline concludes with the next (and sixth) book in the series All Spell Breaks Loose. I have some really fun ideas beyond that, but I can’t talk about it. First I have to finish writing All Spell Breaks Loose, then write a proposal for my idea, and present it to my publisher. Once I’ve signed a contract, then I can talk about it.

Are you working on any other novels besides the Raine Benares series?

Not at the moment. I have a full-time job (editor and quality control manager at an advertising agency). Between that and writing Raine’s adventures, I’m working 10 to 11 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When you’re not writing, what do you like to do?

Sleep. Well, that and read. But mostly sleep. ; )

Will we be seeing more of Rache? I feel like he has more to be revealed.

Rache hasn’t told me when or where he’ll make his next appearance, but if he wants to be in another book, Rache is the type who will let me know.

felicia_dayIf Magic Lost, Trouble Found was made into a movie, who would be your “dream” cast?

Felicia Day as Raine.

 

 

 

gerard butler

 

Gerard Butler as Mychael.

 

 

 

Midwinter_webI’ve found some photos of guys who favor Tam, but unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find any names.

 

 

 

 

1299166354Josh_grobanJosh Groban as Piaras.

 

 

 

 

Nicol Williamson as Garadin. Helen Mirren as Tarsilia.

Cassay wants to add that she totally approves of Gerard Bulter being my Mychael and all of Lisa’a choices they are PERFECT!

PS You should all watch The Guild starring Felicia Day especially if you are familiar with World Of Warcraft it is a great show!

Quick questions: What are your favorite . . .

Books? The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher149920_1436655128342_1591911476_30914212_1792002_n and The Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben

Authors? Jim Butcher, Harlan Coben, Rob Thurman, Robert B. Parker

TV Shows? Castle, Burn Notice, The Big Bang Theory, Firefly (cancelled, dang it!)watch-the-big-bang-theory-online1

Movies? Ghostbusters, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hunt for Red October, Galaxy Quest

Ice Cream Flavour? Butter Pecan

 

Thanks again Lisa!

Cassay Sig

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the invite, Cassay! Fun interview!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I like the description of the series that Lisa gave. I hope to read this series at some point ^.^ and it would be AWESOME to watch the movie if Felicia Day were to star!

    ReplyDelete