Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


June 3, 2011

Review: Released by Megan Duncan

clip_image002

After a demon apocalypse kills their parents and everyone they know, 17-year old Abby Phillips, her brother, Carter, and friend, Max flee their home to travel through what has become the wastelands of America. When radio transmissions of a resistance offering shelter and safety cease, Abby is tempted to give up. Struggling to overcome life-threatening obstacles in their dangerous journey, Abby and her companions quickly discover there are much worse things lurking in the dark than they could have ever imagined. Excerpt from Megan’s website.

Thank you Megan sending me a copy of your novel for review. I loved Released! I finished the book within 5-6 hours, the quickest I have ever a novel. Released kept me at the edge of my seat for the entire book. Released was also a quick read at only 260 pages of awesomeness.

The way that Megan described the scenery and the events the group had to get over while travelling reminded me of Zombieland which made it super easy for me to visualize post-apocalypse America. I loved the characters they were easy to relate to and funny. Taya is my favourite character in the series. She is funny and witty. There were many times were I was on the edge of my seat and Taya would say something and I would burst out laughing. She totally took the edge off some scenes. I also knew if I didn’t finish the book before I went to bed that I would totally be having nightmares of demon hounds and birds attacking me.

I can’t wait to read the Chaos the next book in the series and I sooo want more of this story.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Paperback
Publisher: Indie
Published: March 2011
Pages: 260
ISBN-10: 1461017726
ISBN-13: 978-1461017721

Cassay Sig

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before. Not too keen on nightmares of demon hounds and birds but it sounds really really good so I am adding it to my TBR right now :)

    Sandy
    My latest post: Press Release - Pariah by Aron Warner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassay! Saw your link on Follow Friday and thought I'd check it out. New follower. Nice review of Released. I saw this on another blog and was curious about it. Sounds like it's my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy - my mind tends to go into overdrive when I read a semi creepy/spooky book and I don't finish it. My mind decides it's going to complete the story lol happens all the time when a watch a bunch of Supernatural

    JJ - I highly suggest it

    ReplyDelete