Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 16, 2011

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

HUNGER_GAMES

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When her sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place. Excerpt from Suzanne’s website.

OH. MY. GOD.

Those three words sum up this book perfectly. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE The Hunger Games. It is seriously my favourite book. I don’t know why I didn’t read it before you all voted me to read but am I ever glad that you guys did!

The Hunger Games is broken into 3 parts and when each part ended that was like my 30 second bathroom and breather break. I’m pretty sure I was holding my breath while reading part 2 because I was gasping for air when it ended. My boyfriend was making fun of me for it telling me “It’s just a book...You’ll be okay.” Little did he know that The Hunger Games is so intense that you have to keep reading. I started reading at 4pm Saturday afternoon and I didn’t stop reading until 3a.m. minus the bathroom and supper breaks. I just couldn’t put it down.

I’m so glad The Hunger Games is going to be a movie because while I was reading it I was gasping and saying if this book was a movie I would be at the edge of my seat.

I love the chemistry between Katniss and Peeta. I’m totally a Team Peeta person – I can’t help it I just know so much more about him than Gabe that I have to go with him.

If you haven’t read The Hunger Games yet WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! Lol Go out and BUY it now! You won’t be disappointed.

Also, maybe go buy some oxygen as well so that you won’t be gasping for air like I was.

The Rating:

7 out of 5 – Yep you are reading that right – that is how much I love this book!

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 384 Pages, 6 x 8.5 x 1 in
Published: October 1, 2008
Publisher: SCHOLASTIC INC
ISBN - 10:0439023483
ISBN - 13:9780439023481

Stay Tuned there is a BIG Hunger Games giveaway coming up Winking smile

Cassay Sig

4 comments:

  1. Now you have to read the next two, catching fire and mockingjay. They are just as good as hunger games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that I have a treasure in my library. You are so enthusiastic about the book...you make me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book was so so sooo good! So glad you loved it!! :)

    Excited for the giveaway -squeee-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michikit- move it to the top of your TBR pile seriously you won't regret it

    I'm glad you all liked it aw well :)

    ReplyDelete