Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 8, 2011

Review: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

clip_image002

A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awake on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into a brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone—one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship—tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn’t do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed’s hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there’s only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming. Excerpt from Beth’s website.

Mystery in space…I really quite enjoyed it. I’m not normally into sci-fi stories (mind you I have only read 1 other sci-fi book and I disliked it so I’m a bit iffy about the genre) but Beth may have just changed my opinion of the sci-fi genre. Everyone was raving about Across the Universe so I decided I would give it a chance and I am very glad I did because I quite enjoyed it. The characters, government, and story were quite involved and I like that Beth wrote it so well that nothing was confusing and it was easy to read and follow. I like how each of the chapters switch between the two main characters Elder and Amy, it helped me get the atmosphere of Godspeed by being able to see it through the eyes of an outsider and someone who has lived on the ship there entire life. I loved the twists in the story. I really didn’t see what I think is the major twist coming which I was in total shock over. I did guess who the murderer was on the ship but the motives were interesting for that character and other characters. I found that I didn’t want to put the book down as I had to find out what the heck was happening on Godspeed. I can’t wait to see what will happen in the sequel A Million Suns.

I can’t wait to meet Beth at the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour in Vancouver!

The Rating:

4.5 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 400 Pages, 6.4 x 9.25 x 1.45 in
Published: January 11, 2011
Publisher: Penguin Young Reader Group
ISBN - 10:1595143971
ISBN - 13:9781595143976

Cassay Sig

5 comments:

  1. Great review!! I've got this on my pile because it does sound so good. hopefully I'll get round to it soon


    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great review i think i may just have to buy this book now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealoud you're going to be in BC for the tour. I to loved this book, and I have a major theory about this story. I feel like there is a MAJOR twist coming our way. I am SO excited. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sharing your honest thoughts and opinions about the book. I look forward to reading it now.

    ~Sherry

    Sherry Soule Official Website

    Author of the Spellbound Series

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats for your kind words - I am soo blushing right now

    ReplyDelete