Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 26, 2011

Review: The Bleeders by Michaela Haze

clip_image002

For Sophia Taylor, life has gotten surreal…

Sophia, Soho barmaid, woke up on her sofa with her love interest Henry Blaire by her side. He was smoking all of her cigarettes and she was BLEEDING from her head.

…Which was weird because Henry hated cheap cigarettes.

1) Sophia Taylor was only bleeding from the head because SOMEONE has pushed her down the stairs

2) That “someone” being Henry Blaire, the person smoking all of her death sticks and coincidently the man that Sophia had hired to kill the two murderers of her sister Melanie Taylor.

3) Henry was smoking all of her cigarettes BECAUSE she was bleeding.

4) The bleeding wouldn’t have been so bad if Henry wasn’t an incubus with an addiction to life-force and killing the scum of the earth to get it.

No one must ever know of the existence of daemons, it is their law. Sophia must run for her life. Excerpt from the back of the book.

Wow this is one of the darkest, sexiest, romantic novels ever. It is definitely not suitable for younger readers. The Bleeders deals with death and addictions but is dealt in a practical matter than helps the story move forward. It wasn’t just added just because; there was a perfectly good reason for it. I loved Sophia’s character. She was so complex and even if she is addicted to Henry, I didn’t find her annoying like I do with some characters. I like how the story went from present day Sophia then to Sophia telling us about her past it was a nice change of pace through the novel. The way Michaela ended the story made me go “What!! I NEED more” I can’t wait to see what is in store for The Human Herders.

If you are a fan of darker novels you will for sure enjoy The Bleeders.

The Rating:

4 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Paperback
Dimensions: 310 Pages
Publisher: Dirty Jeans Publishing
ISBN: 9781453711254

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. Not something I would have picked up but it sounds great! I'll be keeping an eye out for it, thanks for sharing

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete