Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 22, 2011

Review: Dark Matter Heart by Nathan Wrann

clip_image002

A new town. A new school. A new beginning. Seventeen year-old Cordell Griffin and his mother move from Los Angeles to the Pacific Northwest to deal with his "allergies," and start a healthier new life. Cor has one goal: To blend in and be invisible. Unfortunately for him, no matter how far he goes, he can't run away from his secrets. Secrets about who he is. Secrets about why he's sick. And secrets about why so many people he meets end up dead, drained of blood.

In "Dark Matter Heart", the origin novel in the "Cor Griffin Bloodsuckers" Young Adult Paranormal Thriller series from filmmaker Nathan Wrann, Cor must uncover the mysteries of his past and conquer the secrets of the present in order to protect the girl of his future, and save himself. Excerpt from Goodreads.

Dark Matter Heart reminded me of one my favorite series The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod. I totally enjoyed Dark Matter Heart it was a light easy read that was suspenseful and kept my attention. I like Cor’s and Taylor’s character. This was another refreshing novel that had the best friend accepting that their best friend may be a supernatural creature. I like how Nathan made it seem like you were guessing between if Cor was a vampire or just had a weird allergy to the sun. I really liked Taylor and his geekyness for science and criminology…I really have a soft spot for geeks. The suspense of the murders around town reminded me of the many murder mystery TV shows and I liked that I personally didn’t see who the murderer was and the shocking twist at the end of the story. I’m hoping that Nathan will continue Cor’s story as I really enjoyed it.

The Rating:

4 out of 5

The Details:

Format: PDF
Dimensions: 149
Published: May 11, 2011
Publisher: Dalton Gang Press (Indie)

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment