Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 24, 2011

Review: Devil. May. Care by Jolene Ballard Gutierrez

clip_image002When Ana takes off flying across the high school stage, her life is forever changed.

Searching for answers, Ana meets Gabrielle, her mentor. Gabrielle teaches Ana that she's an angel and is here on Earth to help prepare for a war between good and evil.

The only problem? Ana can't always tell who's good and who's evil.

While she's learning, Ana meets the man of her dreams, Dylan. He's gorgeous, sexy, and really seems to care about Ana. Even though he's a demon, Ana's heart tells her to trust him.

Then Ana's world is shattered and she finds herself alone and afraid. As the boundaries between good and evil blur, Ana realizes she no longer knows who she can trust and who might be out to kill her. Excerpt from Goodreads.

I love the angel mythology that Jolene created in her series. Out of all the angel books I have read I felt this one expanded on the background stories of angels and the fallen angels the most interestingly. I like that Ana came right out and explained everything to her best friend Cheyenne, which normally doesn’t happen. It’s nice to see the best friend not get shafted and actually be part of the main characters supernatural life.

I found that Jolene’s writing kept my attention and ended up reading this one pretty darn fast. I was impressed with myself. I liked the characters in Devil. May. Care they were relatable and I found some characters shocked me with their actions which didn’t seem quite divine or evil enough for their respected side.

If you are a fan of Angels/Fallen Angels stories you must add Devil. May. Care to your collection.

The Rating:

4.8 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Paperback
Dimensions: 274 pages
Published: April 28, 2011
Publisher: Indie
ISBN: 9781461062455

Buy your print copy at Creatspace or B&N, or ecopies and print copies through Amazon

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment