Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 28, 2011

Review: Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon

clip_image002

on the day of her first betrothal meeting--and rejection--ai ling discovers a power welling deep within her. she can reach into other people’s spirits, hear their thoughts, see their dreams…and that’s just the beginning.

ai ling has been marked by the immortals; her destiny lies in the emperor’s palace, where a terrible evil has lived, stealing souls, for centuries. she must conquer this enemy and rescue her captive father, while mythical demons track her every step. and then she meets chen yong, a young man with a quest of his own, whose fate is intertwined with hers. here is a heart-stopping, breathtaking tale for fans of action, fantasy, and romance--of anything with the making of legend. Excerpt from Cindy’s website.

I really enjoyed Silver Phoenix. It was full of culture, action and romance. I liked how the romance part of the novel was minor addition to the story and didn’t overwhelm it. The action kept my attention and I constantly wanted to know what was going to happen next. I loved learning about the culture and myths in the story it help expand how each character thought as well as bringing depth to the story. Silver Phoenix reminded me of Mulan I was almost expecting the characters to break out in song while they were on their journey. Cindy did an amazing job at describing the landscapes and monsters that Ai Ling and Chen Yong had to defeat.

I really enjoyed Ai Ling’s character she wasn’t just some push over she took it over her own life when she needed to the most. Chen Yong’s character is what I would like to call everyone’s knight in shining armor. I would get myself into trouble just for him to come rescue me. I can’t wait to see what Ai Ling has planned for herself in Fury of the Phoenix.

The Rating:

4 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 368 Pages, 5.38 x 8.13 x 0.84 in
Published: January 24, 2011
ISBN - 10:0061730246
ISBN - 13:9780061730245

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment