Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


September 21, 2011

Mini Review: The Emerald Talisman and The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos

 

clip_image002To be normal, sixteen year old Julia Parker would shed her empathic gift in a second. Life has been difficult since her mother’s mysterious disappearance ten years earlier—an event she witnessed, but can’t remember. Julia’s situation becomes more complicated after a near death experience from a blood thirsty stalker. As high school students go missing it is clear there is a connection to her own experience—past and present. Someone has to stop the madness and a chance encounter with a creepy psychic foretells that only Julia is the key to stopping the madness, but it may require the life of the one she loves.

clip_image004

With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for.

I love the Talisman series. Brenda brings a fresh new look to vampire mythology. I liked how Julia was relatable. I think everyone could find something inside themselves that they would also find in Julia. The suspense during the novels just kept me wanting to read and it almost hurt to put the books down. I like Nicholas character he was sweet and protective, something that I like in guy characters.

The action is both novels were awesome! The fights scenes were easy to visualize and I found myself yelling NO or HECK YES! Throughout the book (yes my family thinks I am a bit crazy). I was so glad that I after I finished The Emerald Talisman that I was able to pick up The Sapphire Talisman right away, I think it may have killed me to wait for The Onyx Talisman.

I loved the twists in The Sapphire Talisman. There were several chapters that I was like well I didn’t see that coming or WTF???. It was great and amazing I love twists that aren’t expected. The way Brenda ended The Sapphire Talisman is killing me and I can’t wait to read The Onyx Talisman….November can’t come soon enough.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

The Details:

The Emerald Talisman
Format: Paperback
Dimensions: 288 Pages, 5.5 x 8.5 x 0.6 in
Published: August 1, 2010
Publisher: Obsidian Mountain Publishing
ISBN - 10: 0982903308
ISBN - 13: 978-0982903308

The Sapphire Talisman
Format: Paperback
Dimensions: 318 pages, 8.4 x 5.5 x 0.9 in
Published: December 15, 2010
Publisher: Obsidian Mountain Publishing
ISBN10: 0982903332
ISBN13: 978-0982903339

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment