Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


September 19, 2011

Review: Possession by Elana Johnson

clip_image002

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

Possession has become one of my favorite reads. It’s full of action, conspiracy and complicated romantic relationship. I like how this dystopian had more scientific basis than some of the other dystopian novels I have read. Elana’s writing kept me wanting more. I ended up stay way past my bedtime trying to finish the novel. I liked the characters, the villains and the twists. Oh the killer twists. I like that Vi is a rule breaker and is doing what is best for her. Vi is complex and I really enjoyed her. I also like Jag he is one cool dude. I like how those from the Badlands are like everyday people; I think that it was neat that those that weren’t influenced by technology were “normal”. Possession is one of my favorite dystopian and if you are a fan of them then you must pick up your copy.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 416 Pages, 5.5 x 8.25 x 0.98 in
Published: June 7, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
ISBN - 10:1442421258
ISBN - 13:9781442421257

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! This was one of my favorite reads this year, especially for all the twists. I thought the ending was perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete