Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


October 12, 2011

Review: The Space Between by Alexandra Sokoloff

 

clip_image002

A dark, supernaturally-tinged YA thriller based on the Thriller Award-winning short story.

Sixteen-year old Anna Sullivan is having terrible dreams of a massacre at her high school. Anna's father is a mentally unstable veteran, her mother disappeared when Anna was five, and Anna might have been able to chalk the dreams up to a reflection of her crazy waking life — except that Tyler Marsh, the most popular guy at the school and Anna's secret crush, is having the exact same dreams.
Despite the gulf between them in social status, Anna and Tyler connect, first in the dream and then in reality. As the dreams reveal more, with clues from the school social structure, quantum physics, probability, and Anna's own past, Anna becomes convinced that they are being shown the future so they can prevent the shooting...


If they can survive the shooter — and the dream

I enjoyed The Space Between, it had an interesting mix of math and scientific elements. The characters were perfect in the story they were all written so well that I was pissed off at the jocks and popular people for making fun of Anna and the characters Anna felt were maybe a little of the crazy side I felt the same way towards them. I liked how Alexandra explained how Anna got her gift. I am still interested in where the other probabilities are. Can Anna go to those other parallel universes like on Fringe? I hope Alexandra writes more stories in The Space Between world because I need to know more about the probabilities and parallels universes.

Special thanks to Alexandra who provided me with a copy to review.

Visit Alexandra’s website to learn more about her other novels.

The Rating:

4 out of 5

Where you buy your own copy?:

Barnes & Nobel $2.99

Amazon $2.99

Smashwords $0.99 THAT’S A STEAL!

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment