Well it was a crazy busy October for me and I can’t believe it is almost Christmas!! I am usually done my shopping by now and it may even be wrapped….and this year I haven’t even start! EEP!
This month I sent:
I sent Ashley Original Sin by Lisa D
I didn’t receive any books this month but that is okay I like the feeling of doing something nice for someone.
In the spirit of being thankful, we sometimes need a tinsy reminder that R.A.K. is not about receiving FREE books! It's about giving as well as receiving. It's about passing on the joy of reading and books with others. If during any given month, you find that you may not be able to give at all, please reconsider signing up for that month. We've found that there have been quite a few people who have received but not given and that may seem unfair to some.
COMPLETE RULES RE-CAP:
Please read carefully & follow all rules! Thank you!
- Please sign-up each month that you can participate (and by participate, we mean give as well as receive).
- Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button (code is in the right sidebar).
- Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
- If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger directly for their information.
- Once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] so that we can update the Google Doc. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS!
- E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble with Nook as well.
- At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K by making a "RAK Wrap-Up" post. This post should include who you SENT gifts to as well who you RECEIVED gifts from :)
OPEN TO EVERYONE including all our International brethren!
Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!
1. When talking about RAK on Twitter, please use the hastag (#RAK). It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back! =)
2. When submitting your wish list, please make sure that it is set to PUBLIC viewing. Some people have run into trouble with wish lists that were set to private. We want to be sure that no one is left out of getting great RAKs.
3. Some of you seem to have gotten frustrated because you can't get your links to appear active. This is a very easy fix :) Just make sure that when you enter your link, do NOT hit the Enter key. Instead, hit the TAB key which will send you to the next field on the form. Additional spaces entered after the link will leave the link inactive. However, if this does happen to you...no worries, we'll fix it for you :)
November Wish List:
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (CDN/US Hardcover) **
Destined by PC Cast and Kristin Cast (hardcover)
Dreamland by Alyson Noel (hardcopy)
The Demon Trappers Daughter by Jana Pliver
Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent
Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Crossed by Ally Condie
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
The Kane Chronicles, Book Two: Throne Of Fire by Rick Riordan (doesn’t matter)
The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan (doesn’t matter)
A Game Of Thrones / A Clash Of Kings / A Storm Of Swords / A Feast Frow Crows / A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin (doesn’t matter)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (doesn’t matter)
Sweet Venom by Tara Lynn Childs (doesn’t matter)
So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev (hardcover to match the others)
Beautiful Chaos (hardcover to match others)
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Hope everyone has fun and early Happy Thanksgiving to my American followers.