Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


December 6, 2011

Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

clkwkprincefinalcover

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
Excerpt from Cassie’s
website.

Well Cassie has done it again and wrote another novel that I could not put down. Clockwork Prince may just be my favorite novel of hers. I loved how we learned more about Will’s past during CP and it has made the battle between Team Jem and Team Will so much harder to decide. I still can’t pick who I like better - I like them both. There was more politics than action in CP than CA but I still loved it and it wasn’t a bad thing as it sets up the story nicely for CP2. Finding out the history of all the characters was fabulous and I wouldn’t have wanted it to go any other way. I love Magnus. He made me laugh with tears and being a Team Church fan(because I can’t decided which Team I am on and Simon or Luke aren’t in the ID series) we didn’t get a lot of Church but when we did it was humorous. I like how Cassie has made some of the parallels between the characters of both series match each other, it is like a game trying to figure out the traits that each character shares. I am a bit torn by the ending. I was happy about the one situation but upset over the other. I have no idea if I was crying because I was sad or crying because I was happy.

I can’t wait to see what will happen in the Clockwork Princess. If the world decides to end in 2012 I have decided that Cassie’s books are coming with me because everyone needs to read her novels.

I would like to specially thank Michelle at S&S Canada for surprising me with a ARC. I thank you so much and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

The Rating:

5 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Hardcover

Dimensions: 528 Pages, 6 x 9 x 0.98 in

Published: December 6, 2011

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

ISBN - 10:1416975888

ISBN - 13:9781416975885

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment