Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 14, 2012

Review: Brightest Kind of Darkness

PTMichelle_BrightestKindofDarkness_600px-e1305685549157

Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past. Except from website.

I liked how Brightest Kind of Darkness kept me guessing through the entire novel. Brightest Kind of Darkness sets up for the second book wonderfully as I have so many questions about Nara and Ethan I think I may know what Ethan is but with my track record I am probably wrong. I like dream based stories they are interesting and I like how Nara always tried to tempt/ deal with faith. P.T’s writing is very detailed and it felt as if you were in Nara shoes and felt everything that she felt. Nara and Ethan’s relationship was interesting. I liked the arguments they had and the little heart to heart moments they had. I hope in book 2 we learn a bit more about Ethan and his past my curiosity may just kill me if I don’t learn more about him.

The Rating:

4 out of 5

Where to buy:

Amazon | Amazon.uk | Amazon.de | Amazon.fr

Barnes & Noble

Smashwords

Cassay Sig

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great review of BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS, Cassay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

    P.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story was so addicting. It was one of those books where you keep telling yourself you will stop after one more chapter, but you just can't. I was so wrapped up in it that I didn't even realize how late (or early) it was. I needed to finish it, but now that I am done I wish I still had more to read.

    ReplyDelete