Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 8, 2012

Review: Hurricane by Jenna-Lynne Duncan

Hurricane

Adriana couldn’t decide what was worse—that Hurricane Katrina was heading for New Orleans, or that she might not survive her kidnapping to see the potential effects. She had trusted Hayden, even fallen for him, and now he and his brother Luke were taking her deeper and deeper into the Bayou. Why had two of her classmates, the mysterious Boudreaux brothers, kidnapped her?
Why had Adriana’s dreams started predicting the future? Most importantly, would she make it out of the Bayou alive…

The first part of Hurricane kind of reminded me of the TV show Supernatural (which is always a good thing seeing I love the show). I had many theories in my head on why Ana was having premonitions. I was extremely out to lunch but I liked what Jenna did with her story as she left it open for a second novel which I can’t wait for (and hope there is a 2nd one in the works). Hayden and Luke created wonderful conflict with Ana. I was sometimes yelling at Ana for her stupid decisions and found myself asking “why the heck would you do that! Dummy!!!” I felt like I was in the story watching the events being played out while being on the sidelines it was written well to visualize everything.

The Rating

4 out of 5

Where to buy:

Amazon – paperback

Amazon – eBook

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment