Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 15, 2012

Review: Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis

Ignite

“With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death."
When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shivers down her spine. Kira knows they're keeping secrets, but when she discovers Tristan's lust for blood and her own dormant mystical powers, Kira is forced to fight for her life and make the heartbreaking decision between the familiar comfort of friendship and the fiery passion of love.

My first thought of Ignite was that it was going to be another “Twilight” type story. It had the main character moving back homes, going to a new school, a pack of pale misfits who stay to themselves. I was presently surprised when the story changed direction and a new vampire mythology was created. The characters weren’t anything special they just seemed like people. I did like Luke’s character but I have a weakness for protective sweet guys with blonde hair. The story was ended in the most exciting cliff hanger ever! I am looking forward to seeing where the story will be going in book 2. I can’t wait to see how Kaitlyn will expand on the mythology and give a detailed description on the past of everyone.

The Rating

3.9 out of 5

Where to buy

Amazon – eBook

Barnes & Noble – eBook

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment