Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


April 21, 2012

Guest Post – Author JD Field

Today I have author JD Field who novels Song to Wake to is an interesting twist on the King Author legend. I enjoyed it and I can’t wait for you all to read my review in May.

Thank you JD for stopping by and donating 3 e-copies of Song to Wake to


Aged thirteen I would spend Sunday evening sitting at the little desk in my bedroom, facing stacks of textbooks and notepads and five different kinds of homework... ...with a copy of the Lord of the Rings open on my lap, so that if my Dad stuck his head around the door he wouldn't be able to see it, much like kids today sitting in class sending each other text messages. I would read away madly, following the fellowship through Moria and Lorien with the constant nagging guilt of my homework at the back of my mind...

Now, however many years later, not much has changed. On the final page of my YA paranormal romance, Rock Anthem I wrote that the sequel would be released in February. Insane optimism. What was I thinking saying something like that? It took me until March to decide on a TITLE. I have a full time job, I'm trying to stay fit, the weather has been really bad...

The last is a valid excuse, I think. One of my key ways to write is to get up early in the morning and do it. But when it's dark and cold outside that's reeeeaaaallly difficult. Other times to write are lunch breaks at work, and by ignoring my friends at the weekend. However, just like my history homework when I was thirteen, they're all under threat.

From myself.

I set myself a target of finishing chapter twelve, and then spend half an hour watching clips from Dirty Dancing and reading about the history of Mali on Wikipedia. In my defence, there is now a Dirty Dancing scene in Lullaby of Lies, and Mali will feature heavily in book six or seven (if I ever get there). Still, though, what is wrong with me? I enjoy writing, I really do, and the sense of achievement when you look back at a scene of a paragraph you're pleased with is quite blinding. So why, instead, do I look through the holiday photo albums of Facebook friends I barely know?

 

Answers in a distracting Wikipedia article please...


Leave a meaningful comment with your name/alias and email for your chance to win 1 of 3 e-copies of Song to Wake to. Your comment will count towards the grand prize entry. Make sure you check the official rules here.

Cassay Sig

5 comments:

  1. JD, procrastination is my middle name. In fact I can't think of many people I know who don't use it as their middle name from time to time, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an interesting guest post. i always love learning more about new authors, expecially ones i havent read from before. the book sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh my email is danielsangel101@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. almost every king arthur realated book i've read had been awesome! i can't wait to read this. I am a huge procrastinator also so i totally understand that! haha thanks for the giveaway!

    ~Sabs
    smp0804@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everybody, little bit of news for you. Song to Wake to is FREE on Barnes and Noble and Smashwords now...

    ReplyDelete