Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


April 19, 2012

Guest Post–Author G.L. Breedon

Today I have author G.L. Breedon to talk about his inspiration behind THE WIZARD OF TIME and THE YOUNG SORCERERS GUILD series.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my review of THE WIZARD OF TIME.


Where Do Stories Come From?


I've always wondered what part of our minds are responsible for creating story ideas. Fortunately, I've never been someone who had to struggle to come up with stories I wanted to tell. My problem has always been the opposite. I have far more story ideas that I have time to tell them. Which means I need to pick the ones that speak to me the loudest.
Some ideas come from news articles I read, some from reacting to stories in books or film or TV, some from real life incidents, and some from the more nebulous reaches of my mind. The idea for THE WIZARD OF TIME came from a dream I had.


In my dream, I was in a bookstore where some kids were checking out a series of books, so I wandered over and looked at the covers. To my surprise, I saw that I was the author of the books. They were about time travel and magic. When I awoke, I was intrigued by the idea of combining time travel and magic. I also figured a dream of that nature was a good omen.
I spent a few weeks daydreaming into existence the story of a young time mage, Gabriel Salvador, who ends up at the center of a war of magic fought throughout the timeline of history.


I spend a lot of time daydreaming. The idea for The Dark Shadow of Spring (The Young Sorcerers Guild series) came from day dreaming and remembering several stories about groups of odd kids having wild adventures. Stories like The Goonies and The Mad Scientists Club. After about an hour of daydreaming, the town and the kids and the story had congealed in my mind. The story was so clear, I started to plot it out immediately. A few hours later, I knew I need to drop the project I had planned to write (one that had taken months of note writing to plot) and tell the story of the Young Sorcerers Guild.


The interesting thing is how these stories evolve over time. I had a vague idea and a title for the sequel to The Dark Shadow of Spring, but it was fascinating to see the metamorphosis of the story and the characters as a new novel arose out of the events of the old. I've just begun writing the sequel to The Wizard of Time and it is extraordinary fun to see how this dream I had five years ago has transformed into a reality of fiction - a story brought to life that others can live through reading.


G.L. Breedon Bio:
After a childhood spent whizzing through the galaxy in super sleek starships and defeating treacherously evil monsters in long forgotten kingdoms, I grew up to write science fiction and fantasy novels. I live with my wife in Brooklyn, NY.


Links:

The Wizard of Time (Book 1) Amazon.com

The Dark Shadow of Spring (The Young Sorcerers Guild - Book 1) Amazon.com

Barnes & Noble

Blog:
http://kosmosaicbooks.com/


Thank you G.L. Breedon for donating a e-copy of The Wizard of Time and The Dark Shadow of Spring. There will be 2 winners. Available formats are EPUB and MOBI.

Leave a meaningful comment with your name/alias and email for your chance to win The Tomb. Your comment will count towards the grand prize entry. Make sure you check the official rules here.

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. i love the covers for theses books, and they sound really interesting :) thank you for the chance
    danielsangel101@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete