Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


June 2, 2012

Review: All Spell Breaks Loose by Lisa Shearin

All-Spell-Breaks-Loose-final-cover-186x300
 
My name is Raine Benares—and it sucks to be me right now. I’m a seeker who managed to “find” the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone that gave me unlimited power I never asked for or wanted. Now I’ve managed to lose the rock—and the magic it gave me—to a power-hungry goblin dark mage whose main goals are my death and world domination.
I’m still bonded to the Saghred, and the dark mage can’t use the stone as long as I’m alive. If he kills me and gains control of the Saghred, he’ll become an evil demigod with the seven kingdoms at his mercy. This is more than enough incentive to plan a little trip to the goblin capital of Regor with a small band of good friends, not-so-good friends, and one outright enemy. Don’t ask.
All we need to do is destroy the Saghred, kill the mage, and put a renegade goblin prince on the throne. Did I mention I’ll be doing that with no magic? Excerpt and book cover from Lisa’s website.
As some of you may know Lisa is one of my favorite authors. I love her Raine Benares series and I have been patiently waiting for the final installment of the Saghred story line. Lisa wrapped the story line up perfectly. It left me feeling extremely happy and left it open for the series to continue or have a spinoff but didn’t end in a way that there has to be another novel. All Spell Breaks Loose is full of action and kept me on the seat of my chair. Lisa’s humor is at its best in this installment. The last few chapters had me in tears laughing so hard. There is a scene near the end of the book where Raine and Tam’s old teacher Kesyn have a moment where they are in quite the predicament and Kesyn humor just adds so much to the scene I loved it! Kesyn was one of my favorite new characters in the story he had so many one liners that crack me up. There wasn’t a lot of Talon in the story but when he did show up he made sure it counted. Mychael and Tam were full of sexiness during the story, this one had a bit less of a romancing it in but that was okay the action scenes made up for the lack of Raine and Mychael hook-ups. Overall, the story is just PERFECT! If you’re a fan of the series you’re going to love All Spell Breaks Loose I am sure of it. I’m sad that the characters are taking a break for the time being so Lisa can work on her new super secret project which I can’t wait for. It will be torture until I find out more about the her new projects.
The Rating:
5 out of 5
The Details:
Format: Mass Market Paperbound
Dimensions: 304 Pages, 4.32 x 6.77 x 0.88 in
Published: May 29, 2012
Publisher: Ace
ISBN - 10:1937007715
ISBN - 13:9781937007713
Cassay Sig

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the amazing review, Cassay!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Ive never read anything by this author and have added it to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa!

    Nat - Add it now and read now lol Fantastic series!

    ReplyDelete