Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


June 20, 2012

Review: The Chosen Historian by Randy Ertz

cover
Evin Driscol is not just a historical writer but a vampire who writes on supernaturals and their impact on human history. He is loved by some, hated by others, and tolerated by most. Though sharing knowledge of his own kind is pushing the fine line, Evin continues to write about supernatural history while exploring his own. Evin is ending his “Vampires and the Roaring Twenties” book tour in Chicago, his hometown. Just as things seem to be falling into place for Evin, his life is turned upside down… Excerpt and book cover from Randi’s website.
The Chosen Historian does have a bit of a Trueblood feel with the vampires being known to the public and drinking synthetic blood. Books with a historical background always surprise me that I actually enjoy them. I’m not much for history but the way it is written in this novel kept my interest. I liked learning about Evin’s history. It was interesting and well thought out. I wasn’t quite sure on why Evin and his sister were different then most vampires but with the cliff hanger ending I think I’m pretty sure I know what the deal is….but I am probably wrong. There was the perfect amount of romance for the book and it didn’t feel at all awkward. I’m looking forward to reading book 2.
Special thanks to Randi and her team at TLT for going the extra mile in sending me a copy to Canada. Also, thanks for the personal call it was pretty darn cool of your Randi.
The Rating:
4.5 out of 5
 
Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. Sounds intriguing!!! Great review and that cover is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete