Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 27, 2012

Review: Dark Seeker by Taryn Browning

For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie. Cover and Excerpt from Taryn’s website.

Dark Seeker was an intriguing story with a kick ass lead character. I liked the mythology in Dark Seeker it was an interesting twist on vampire stories. Janie and Kai’s relationship was interesting. I really enjoyed how they interacted with each other and how their feelings for each other increased throughout the story. I’d love to learn more about Kai’s history what we did learn about his history made me do a WTH?? HE DID WHAT??? I was shocked! I enjoyed Matt’s character, I’m a little upset with Janie on how she treated him but I’m sure she had her reasons and was just panicking. I’m excited to see where the next book takes the story and these 3 characters.

Special thanks to Taryn for providing me a copy to review.

The Rating:

4 out of 5

Where to buy:

Amazon

B&N

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment