Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 23, 2012

Review: Darkride by Laura Bradley Rede

 

DARKRIDE COVER FINAL 300

Ander McNair used to be the favorite son of a great monster-hunting family – until he was bitten by a werewolf and the hunter became the hunted. Now anything that makes his pulse race, even a kiss from his girlfriend Cicely, is enough to turn him into a monster. When he finally gets a chance to earn his cure by killing a vampire prince, he finds he has to choose between his own past and the future of the girl he loves. Can a guy who’s not even human learn what it means to be a man?

Luke Marianez used to be an immortal vampire prince – until the witch he loved betrayed him and cursed him with the ability to die. Now he lives in the world of vampire blood bars, where the waitresses are the drinks, and dreams about killing the last of the witch’s line so he can live forever. But revenge doesn’t just mean breaking the curse. He wants to break the girl’s heart, too. Can Luke seduce Cicely without falling in love himself?

Cicely Watson doesn’t believe in werewolves or vampires. She’s not even sure she believes in true love. But she’s about to discover what all werewolves know:

People change. Cover and Excerpt from Laura website.

I like Darkride up until the ending. I really didn’t like the ending and I think it’s mostly because that isn’t how I wanted it to end. I do want to know where the story will go I hope Laura has a sequel in the mix as I am not happy with this ending and need some closure (that will make me happy Smile )

I totally love Ander, he is amazing! I love Cicely and his friendship – it is one of those friendships that you wish you had growing up. I’m not a fan of Luke I dislike him and don’t trust him as far as I can throw him. Which isn’t that far as I am weak hehe.

The book changes between the 3 main characters narrating the story. At first I didn’t like this because it seemed like every time they switch narrators it was getting good with the previous narrator. I got used to it after awhile and didn’t mind it after all. Overall, Darkride was a good read that I enjoyed minus the ending.

The Rating:

3.5 out of 5

Where to buy:

Amazon

B&N Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment