Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 17, 2012

Review: Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin (aka Andrew Shaffer)

A shrewd, laugh–out–loud parody of E. L. James' bestselling Fifty Shades of Grey series:

Young, arrogant, tycoon Earl Grey seduces the naïve coed Anna Steal with his overpowering good looks and staggering amounts of money, but will she be able to get past his fifty shames, including shopping at Walmart on Saturdays, bondage with handcuffs, and his love of BDSM (Bards, Dragons, Sorcery, and Magick)? Or will his dark secrets and constant smirking drive her over the edge? Excerpt and cover froom 50shames.com

I have never read a parody before but after reading Fifty Shames of Earl Grey I would totally do it again. The story is awesomely terrible and I mean this in the best way possible. I was laughing my butt off throughout almost the entire thing. There was way too many times my boyfriend yelled at me “Okay… SMUT is NOT that funny” I don’t know how many times I had to tell him it wasn’t the real story it was a parady. I hadn’t read Fifty Shades of Grey when I read Fifty Shames of Earl Grey, which you don’t really need to read in order to get a good kick out of Fifty Shames. I loved the pokes at Twilight they were jolly good fun. Sometimes the things that Anna or Earl did were so stupid that you had to roll your eyes and laugh. I had to put the book down a few times to clear my eyes from laughing so hard because I had tears in them. If you have read Fifty Shades of Grey or if you are thinking about reading it you NEED to pick up yourself a copy of Fifty Shames of Earl Grey – just trust me you have to. I just finished Fifty Shades of Grey this week and I highly suggest you read this parody it is a must add to any book lovers shelf.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Trade Paperback
Dimensions: 224 Pages, 5.5 x 8.25 x 0.68 in
Published: July 31, 2012
Publisher: Da Capo Press
Language: English
ISBN - 10:0306821990
ISBN - 13:9780306821998

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued! The only parody I read was Nightlight, by the Harvard Lampoon ... it was a parody of Twilight and was AWFUL! Though, I feel like my tastes have been changing and I just couldn't appreciate the humour when I first read it. Maybe I'll give this one a whirl!

    Great review, Cassie! :)

    ReplyDelete