Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 11, 2012

Review: First Kill (Slayer Chronicles) by Heather Brewer

firstkil
Joss McMillan’s perfect life crashes down the night he witnesses his sister’s murder — at the hands of a vampire. He then finds out his family’s secret heritage: They are part of the Slayer Society, a group whose mission is to rid the world of vampires. Joss is their new recruit. As Joss trains, bent on seeking revenge for his sister, he discovers powers that could make him the youngest, strongest Slayer in history. But there is a traitor in the Society, one whose identity would shake Joss to the core . . . if the traitor doesn’t kill him first.
With over a million copies already in print, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod is still sinking its fangs into new readers every day. Now, bestselling author Heather Brewer brings us the other side of the story, from the perspective of Vlad’s former friend turned mortal enemy: vampire slayer Joss McMillan. This is the first in a series of five books that can be read alongside Vlad Tod or entirely on their own. Excerpt and book cover from Heather’s website.
As many of you know I love Heather Brewer. She is one of my favorite authors and when it was announced that there was going to be a spinoff series of The Vlad Tod Series I jumped for joy. Though I was never on the Team Joss train I was interested in learning about how Joss became a hunter. Heather wrote Joss’s training in such detail that everything that Joss felt you felt as well. I fell for all the red herrings like Joss did. Not once did I guess right L. After reading First Kill I have more love and respect for Joss….Sorry Vlad. If you are a fan of the Vlad Tod Series you need to pick up First Kill.
The Rating:
5 out of 5
The Details:
Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 320 Pages, 6.27 x 8.6 x 1.17 in
Published: September 20, 2011
Publisher: Dial
ISBN - 10:0803737416
ISBN - 13:9780803737419

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment