Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 16, 2012

Review: Ties to the Blood Moon by Robin P. Waldrop

Ties to the blood moon

Genevieve is a teenage girl who moves in with her aunt in Alaska after the death of her mother. Soon after her arrival she learns the things she was raised to believe only existed in fairytales are in fact a big part of her history. When it gets to be too much she seeks refuge in the arms of her new boyfriend, William, only to find out he's not who she thought he was either. Cover and excerpt from Goodreads.

I really enjoyed this story. I liked the mythology that was used it dragged me into the story and I wanted to know how it all ended. It does have a Twilight feel to it with vampires and werewolves but if you get over that it’s a really good story with its own uniqueness. Gen was kind of a brat. When she didn’t get her way she threw a hissy fit and everyone let her get away with it. That drove me a bit crazy about her character but I’ll give her some slack because she just lost her mother. I wasn’t sure who was trustworthy and who I should be watching out for. I was completely surprised but the ending. Overall, I really enjoyed Ties to the Blood Moon.

Special thanks to Robin for providing me a copy to review.

The Rating:

5 out of 5

Where to buy:

Amazon

Smashwords

Cassay Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment