Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 3, 2012

Review: Song to Wake to by J. D Field

My Photo Sixteen-year-old Maddy Bride starts at a new school in the countryside. She knows she’ll have to deal with sports obsessed rich kids, cliques, and pressure. She doesn’t expect myths from the shadowy past to be taking place around her. Not only are the legends unfinished. They’re starting all over again. Her new classmate, Eddy Moon, is awkward, and shy, and has lived a life of hardship and loneliness. As his strength and sense of purpose become more and more striking, Maddy comes to believe that he may have a place in the stories. At the same time she realizes that the place she wants is by his side. Closeness to Eddy brings Maddy another shocking realization. Not only is he a mythic hero returned to life in the countryside, but maybe she too has a place in the legends. Torn between normality and her attraction to the magnificent Eddy Moon, Maddy has to decide who she is, who she is going to be, and whether stories must end the same way twice. Excerpt and cover from J.D’s website.  

**This review may be spoilery**  

Song to Wake to is an interesting take of the King Author mythology. I enjoyed reading Song to Wake to, it kept me guessing what was going to happen next and I couldn’t wait to see how it ended. The characters Maddy and Eddy felt like everyday teens just living their life. They were relatable and interesting. J.D had me guessing throughout the novel. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next or who I should be keeping a close eye on. I really enjoy the King Author stories (huge Merlin fan here) and it was nice to see a YA story that branched out into something new and J.D did a wonderful job at doing it. I can’t wait to see where book 2 takes us.  

Thank you J.D for providing me a copy for review.  

The Rating:
5 out of 5  

Where to buy:
B&N  



Cassay Sig




No comments:

Post a Comment